Page 1 of 25 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Contracts and Squad

Contracts and Squad

We look pretty healthy in this regard, really do - one or two you'd want to extend but there by-and-large isn't a pressing hurry.

Expiring Summer '19

James Milner - one to give an extra year or two to I'd feel, if he's willing. Excellent midfielder and handy utility option for injuries. I feel this sort of role is probably Henderson's long-term future.
    Daniel Sturridge - Tricky this. £120,000 a week off the wage bill would free up funds to top up other contracts or pay a chunk of the wages of a top player (the "Fekir" we want) to come in.
    Alberto Moreno - Don't foresee him having his contract extended. Time could very well be up for him.
    Lazar Markovic - Finally!

Expiring Summer '20

Joel Matip - useful back-up, though wouldn't surprise me if we're aiming to recruit-from-within in time, or will enter the market again, as he does seem injury-prone and isn't that quick.
    Adam Lallana (optional additional year) - if he could sort his injury problems out he could come back into being a very useful player, much like Wijnaldum. But feel it can go either way with him.
    Nathaniel Clyne - very useful back-up and another on the important "home-grown" list, but we have Trent and Gomez. His age, Premier League experience and home-grown status make him someone we could command a healthy fee for - Zabaleta is 33 and West Ham have money, so who knows.
    Divock Origi - seemingly not wanted and doesn't seem to be achieving the potential he was showing prior to that tackle against Everton. Really like him as a human being (go listen to him in interview, great chap) but probably best moving on to re-ignite his career.

Expiring Summer '21

Sadio Mane - the big one. I really hope we can tie him down.
    Georginio Wijnaldum - very consistent for us these days. By all means we can always aspire to even higher, but I'm very happy with him in the side at present.
    Andrew Robertson (optional additional year) - would be good to tie him down further.
    Dejan Lovren - Klopp seems to really like Lovren, you'd imagine his contract will be being extended.
    Simon Mignolet - suspect we'll hold onto him until his contract is done, though would be surprised if we extended, unless his wages were comparatively modest for the market and he was happy to be back-up, which he surely isn't.
    Trent Alexander Arnold - would be good to tie him down further.

Expiring Summer '22

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - sincerely hope he's able to get to pre-injury levels. Great player. Long journey ahead for him. Thankfully we'll have options so he can ease his way back in. Don't see him being a first-team regular until November '19 - February '20 sort of time, which is rough for him. But if anyone can, he can.
    Dominic Solanke - still feel like I know very little about the player in terms of what to expect with movement, work-rate and preferred methods of finishing. Summer '22 is nearly 4 years away, so a lot of time to assess.
    Joe Gomez -

Expiring Summer '23 or later

Mohamed Salah
    Roberto Firmino
    Naby Keita
    Virgil Van Dijk
    Fabinho
    Jordan Henderson
    Xherdan Shaqiri
    Alisson ('24)

^ Delighted to have all from this group tied down. Excellent work by the club.

We look in really good shape! Mane is the big one, but I have faith we'll get things sorted.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Sadio Mane - the big one. I really hope we can tie him down.
    Boosh.

Will edit OP later.

D'oh - forgot this one.

Maybe a mod can merge the threads if deemed fit.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    D'oh - forgot this one.

Maybe a mod can merge the threads if deemed fit.
    Don't see a need to merge - the Mane contract thread will serve perfectly well for Sadio Mane discussion, whilst in here will serve for the lack of discussion it has generated so far

Can't edit the OP for some reason -

Expiring Summer '19

James Milner - one to give an extra year or two to I'd feel, if he's willing. Excellent midfielder and handy utility option for injuries. I feel this sort of role is probably Henderson's long-term future.
    Daniel Sturridge - Tricky this. £120,000 a week off the wage bill would free up funds to top up other contracts or pay a chunk of the wages of a top player (the "Fekir" we want) to come in.
    Alberto Moreno - Don't foresee him having his contract extended. Time could very well be up for him.

Expiring Summer '20

Joel Matip - useful back-up, though wouldn't surprise me if we're aiming to recruit-from-within in time, or will enter the market again, as he does seem injury-prone and isn't that quick.
    Adam Lallana (optional additional year) - if he could sort his injury problems out he could come back into being a very useful player, much like Wijnaldum. But feel it can go either way with him.
    Nathaniel Clyne - very useful back-up and another on the important "home-grown" list, but we have Trent and Gomez. His age, Premier League experience and home-grown status make him someone we could command a healthy fee for - Zabaleta is 33 and West Ham have money, so who knows.
    Divock Origi - seemingly not wanted and doesn't seem to be achieving the potential he was showing prior to that tackle against Everton. Really like him as a human being (go listen to him in interview, great chap) but probably best moving on to re-ignite his career.

Expiring Summer '21

Georginio Wijnaldum - very consistent for us these days. By all means we can always aspire to even higher, but I'm very happy with him in the side at present.
    Andrew Robertson (optional additional year) - would be good to tie him down further.
    Dejan Lovren - Klopp seems to really like Lovren, you'd imagine his contract will be being extended.
    Simon Mignolet - suspect we'll hold onto him until his contract is done, though would be surprised if we extended, unless his wages were comparatively modest for the market and he was happy to be back-up, which he surely isn't.

Expiring Summer '22

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - sincerely hope he's able to get to pre-injury levels. Great player. Long journey ahead for him. Thankfully we'll have options so he can ease his way back in. Don't see him being a first-team regular until November '19 - February '20 sort of time, which is rough for him. But if anyone can, he can.
    Dominic Solanke - still feel like I know very little about the player in terms of what to expect with movement, work-rate and preferred methods of finishing. Summer '22 is nearly 4 years away, so a lot of time to assess.

Mohamed Salah
    Roberto Firmino
    Sadio Mane
    Naby Keita
    Virgil Van Dijk
    Fabinho
    Jordan Henderson
    Xherdan Shaqiri
    Joe Gomez
    Alisson ('24)

Excellent thread (worth bookmarking) and excellent news all round. We all know that contracts - to an extent - aren’t worth the paper they’re written on, but it’s great to have players committing to the club. I heard Klopp earlier on saying he had three years left on his contract. I wouldn’t mind him signing another extension.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

CAN'T EDIT OP - ROBERTSON SIGNS 5-YEAR EXTENSION HENCE EDIT/ADDITION

We look pretty healthy in this regard, really do - one or two you'd want to extend but there by-and-large isn't a pressing hurry.

Expiring Summer '19

Expiring Summer '20

Expiring Summer '21

Expiring Summer '22

Joe Gomez -

Mohamed Salah
    Sadio Mane
    Roberto Firmino
    Naby Keita
    Virgil Van Dijk
    Fabinho
    Jordan Henderson
    Xherdan Shaqiri
    Andrew Robertson
    Alisson ('24)

We look in really good shape! Mane is the big one, but I have faith we'll get things sorted.

Are you one of the ITK’s sid? You knew Robertson was going to sign a 5 year contract and created this thread as a smokescreen. You sly old devil you

He deserves his new contract, hardly put a foot wrong since he came in.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.