Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Post your thoughts 2019 edition

Quote Originally Posted by Martyboy View Post
    Anyway guys and gals I'm off to Tenby later today for a week's hols with the missus her 2 daughters and the one daughter's boyfriend...Which for me is better coz it's usually just me and the 3 women.....They can piss off girly shopping and trotting around boring jewellery shops and me and him can hit the golf course!!...Apparently though from Wednesday on as the Aussies would say it's gonna 'fuckun pees down!'..Such is life!!...Laters Alligators!....
    I had a week in a caravan in Saundersfoot years ago, happy days

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Enjoy mate, I'm currently by the pool here in Tenerife.
    Life is tough at the minute 😂😂😂
    Cheers,you too..Have a goodun!...

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    I had a week in a caravan in Saundersfoot years ago, happy days
    About 3/4 miles away from Tenby....Always found it a bit boring myself if I'm honest,then again it could be down to being with 3 women shopping!.......

The lady at the bakery asked me if I was American when I ordered a giant cookie yesterday. Still haunts me to this day.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

So, it's the school holidays over here in the sunny UK.

What's good?
    MASSIVE drop in the number of cars on the road, early mornings and school finish time.

What's not so good?
    Huge number of schoolkids hanging around the streets, not knowing what to do with themselves.
    Greedy holiday companies hiking up the price of holidays anywhere and everywhere.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Getting kids looked after when youre at work.
    Cost of activities.
    I fucking hate the 6 weeks. Its far too long, the UK school holisay system is archaic and needs a serious overhaul. Gone are the days of stay at home mumd. Both parents work now in most families, its a total nitemare having to rely on grandparents all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    The lady at the bakery asked me if I was American when I ordered a giant cookie yesterday. Still haunts me to this day.
    Its because you ordered a giant one. Sge assumed you were a greedy supersize type dude. Next time order a regular size. Think of your health.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Getting kids looked after when youre at work.
    Cost of activities.
    I fucking hate the 6 weeks. Its far too long, the UK school holisay system is archaic and needs a serious overhaul. Gone are the days of stay at home mumd. Both parents work now in most families, its a total nitemare having to rely on grandparents all the time.
    Said no kid , EVER !!
    Over here the summer holidays start from the start of July until the start of September, so 8 weeks.
    The amount money We spent on childcare for 2 kids was unreal, though saying that the older They get you are still handing out money. So nothing chaneed.
    If I'd got a dog first I'd never of had kids 😂😂😂

Aren't the 6 weeks originally so that the kids can help out on the family farm and get the harvest in?

In recent summers the best weather for holidays has been May and June then it starts turning to shite, time to adapt, 3 fortnights spread out, one a month or something, I'm just making this up now

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Aren't the 6 weeks originally so that the kids can help out on the family farm and get the harvest in?

In recent summers the best weather for holidays has been May and June then it starts turning to shite, time to adapt, 3 fortnights spread out, one a month or something, I'm just making this up now
    Yep. All based around harvesting on farms.
    I didnt know any kids who did that when I was at school. A way out dated calendar.
    The govt say our chimdren are far behind the rest of europe in technical abilities. Stop giving them so much time off then or keep them at school for longer in term time. Simples really. Working families need more support nowadays in my opinion.