Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 478910111213141516171819202124 ... LastLast

Thread: Brexit thread 2 Electric Boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Interesting the Gestapo are those who arent trying to surpress the results right.

Going off polls that I've seen I think your claim about stopping Brexit via a second referendum is wishful thinking.

I'd be very surprised if there was a second referendum.
    It's only wishful thinking if you want to stop Brexit.

I don't see anyone suppressing the result, it is known, has been for nearly 3 years now. It's been in all the papers.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    It's only wishful thinking if you want to stop Brexit.

I don't see anyone suppressing the result, it is known, has been for nearly 3 years now. It's been in all the papers.
    https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-a-second-eu-referendum-were-held-today-how-would-you-vote/

Heres polling data since the referendum. Ask Bali if he recalls me getting both Brexit and trump results right in the older threads despite the polls suggesting otherwise.

The dont knows should swing in favour of Brexit, as will the Brexit support be underscored as people fear bring called Gestapo et al so they lie on the polls.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_United_Kingdom_European_Un ion_membership_referendum

I don't see any validation in your claim or question being answered otherwise.

In Scotland polling data suggests that the opinion is in favour of staying with the UK even without EU, rather than leaving the UK to stay with the EU.
    I gather this isn't the claim being made by the politicians or the press ?
    Its they need another referendum which theyd lose again. (Personally I'd have voted for Scottish indepndence)

I don't remember you getting them right, no. Too much unnecessary stuff floating about in my head.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I get the legal part, but could you elaborate on this one?
    You had a devicive referendum, one side lost the other side won.
    If you dont let the winners win in a democracy, you dont have a democracy.

Britain not leaving would imo be far worse of an outcome than no deal Brexit.
    It could also likely be so for the eu and its institutional interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I don't remember you getting them right, no. Too much unnecessary stuff floating about in my head.
    Well that's a pity. I cant find them old threads on the forum. I predicted both even with the polling data suggesting otherwise.

Not sure why that link ^^ isn't working it's the url I'm copying from the source page. Yet posted as a link doesnt bring you to that same page.

You've lost me CCTV (not for the first time!)

For what it's worth I don't think we have a democracy in Britain, not worthy of the name anyway. The Welsh referendum was a fudge but it turned out okay in the end so nobody talks about it anymore.

Opinion polling for the United Kingdom European Union membership referendum

^^ that's the title on wikipedia
    Just below that title, near the top of the page (obviously) is a graph of the polls on Brexit.
    It shows the remain, leave and undecided voters.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    You've lost me CCTV (not for the first time!)

For what it's worth I don't think we have a democracy in Britain, not worthy of the name anyway. The Welsh referendum was a fudge but it turned out okay in the end so nobody talks about it anymore.
    The way I see the polls it just isn't a supportable position.
    Shown the polls post Brexit and the polls before Brexit as far back as end of 2012. If you look at the polls there just isn't enough support there to be likely seen in a real poll or referendum, as I see it.

It's a manufacturing of consent or opinion based on ignoring the lessons from the last time out.
    The only was I think you could believe a rerun of the vote could deliver a remain result is if you believed Brexit was never going to happen in the first place. Such belief was wrong then and as I see it wrong again.
    Last edited by CCTV; 21st March 2019 at 09:59 PM.