Page 40 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3033343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Around the world News

Quote Originally Posted by stevie harkness View Post
    Two men have been arrested in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh for allegedly duping a doctor into buying an "Aladdin's lamp" that they promised would bring him wealth and health.

As part of the con, they even pretended to conjure up spirits from the lamp, in line with the tale from The Arabian Nights, Indian media report.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-india-54759863
    The doctor should be arrested for being so stupid

https://apnews.com/article/austria-vienna-gunfire-several-injured-8f470e305de307b23c8e5a1a94b8036d

Kicking off around Europe, terrorist attacks in Vienna after a few incidents in France with killings and beheadings by Islamists losing their heads figuratively. Riots breaking out across Europe too over lockdowns I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    The doctor should be arrested for being so stupid
    So should many doctors in this country.

Watching V for vendetta- letsssssss goo get the masks on lads ending of the film on repeat
    Last edited by Kev0909; 3rd November 2020 at 05:42 PM.

Sad news, a good enough innings, looked younger.

Kicking off in France again, many protesting the proposed law/bill whereby one could be sent to jail for a year and fined up to 53,000 euro over the publication of images of on-duty police officers with the intent of harming their physical or psychological integrity.
    French citizens are also required to carry their papers and present them on request under the era of covid.
    Jews have been leaving France for other destinations for some time too.

Is anyone else concerned at how swiftly this covid 19 vaccine is being rolled out? Now I'm no anti vaxer, quite the opposite, but aren't vaccines supposed to be tested and trialled over years instead of months? I'm certainly in no rush to get jabbed

Is anyone else concerned at how swiftly this covid 19 vaccine is being rolled out? Now I'm no anti vaxer, quite the opposite, but aren't vaccines supposed to be tested and trialled over years instead of months? I'm certainly in no rush to get jabbed
    It's usually five to ten years I believe. However, COVID's genome was really quickly sequenced and everyone had basically infinite money so they could perform all test phases in parallel, rather than sequentially. That's my understanding anyway.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

There are top doctors coming out and saying how dangerous the vaccine is and they wouldn't be having it. In some cases Doctors have been struck off for coming out with the truth. That should tell you all you need to know. If it was safe, it would be up to everyone to decide if they want the vaccine or not. Not forced upon everybody.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.