Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Global warming/climate change, facts and/or fictions?

It is. Still, a hungry, scared or myopic person can't be expected to care about anything other than what's right in front of them.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    It is. Still, a hungry, scared or myopic person can't be expected to care about anything other than what's right in front of them.
    Yes, true. But surely that is the root of the problem. It's not really plastic in the ocean or carbon dioxide or Brexit or knife crime, it's the disconnection people feel.

(Or am i just talking out of my own bubble?!

Disconnection from what?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Disconnection from what?
    Exactly.

That is the question.

I'd say it's different for different people but some may feel disconnected from nature, or society (community), or family / loved ones, a meaningful life or job, a sense of freedom? basically all the invisible or intangible stuff that they can't put in a packet and sell you.

Edit ...I suppose some might say disconnected from God but if you believe in God then you're not really disconnected from him, and if you don't believe in God then you don't care!

I'm not sure I'd put it in those exact words, but I think I know what you mean.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Has anyone looked at the videos in the op, or seen them before or heard the speakers speak elsewhere?