Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joel Matip

Matip is a creative force for Liverpool. He ranks third in the league for distance covered with the ball, behind only Allan Saint-Maximin and Adama Traoré

so incredible is he play 10 games already !??!

Making runs into the opposition areas far too often, leaving Fabinho to have to cover eventually resulting in our midfield losing shape. Then you get 19x blasting him for "incompetence"

It comes off a few times, but loses possession far too often up the pitch for my liking. Not a fan of it personally

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Making runs into the opposition areas far too often, leaving Fabinho to have to cover eventually resulting in our midfield losing shape. Then you get 19x blasting him for "incompetence"

It comes off a few times, but loses possession far too often up the pitch for my liking. Not a fan of it personally
    I know what you mean - but I would say that our midfield break the lines so infrequently that it needs to come from somewhere else. Otherwise we're far to structured.

It played a massive part of why we not only struggled defensively but offensively as well last season. I'm a massive fan of Nathan Phillips, he was superb last season but he's not a player to bring the ball out.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    Very true

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Lol

It's not occasions like that I'm talking about and Matip rarely loses it there and gets caught out of position, if he looks like losing it he mostly tries to force something which will either come off or see the ball go out of play so he can get back. I can't think of a single goal we've conceded for the reasons you describe, anyway, enough of it, you lot keep living in denial and blaming everyone but him when he has one of his numerous destroyers instinctive charges into an area we already have 2 players covering leaving the centre and his man free
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Joetan991 View Post
    And there you go ... benched today.

What has been good for Matip , is that he finally had an injury free preseason ; proper preparation.

He looks fit and strong and very comfortable on the ball.
    What a fantastic player if he can staybfit and injury free.
    Let's 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    And there you go ... benched today.

What has been good for Matip , is that he finally had an injury free preseason ; proper preparation.

He looks fit and strong and very comfortable on the ball.
    What a fantastic player if he can staybfit and injury free.
    Let's ��
    Yep, and let's hope Jurgen continues to give both Joel and Konate game time and rest time so we always have 3 top CBs fit and at least 2 top Cbs fit in the event any of them do pick up a short term knock or niggle
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It's what I like to see. Healthy competition improves them all and crucially it keeps them fresh mentally and physically.