Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Naby Keita

He's stealing a living.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    He's stealing a living.
    Worse than Ox though??

Hopefully thiago isn't out for long and remains fit, bit concerned about our midfield falling to pieces quite literally this season, hope Elliot can return and get fit with some games to go

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Worse than Ox though??

Hopefully thiago isn't out for long and remains fit, bit concerned about our midfield falling to pieces quite literally this season, hope Elliot can return and get fit with some games to go
    With Ox he has suffered serious ACL injuries and I feel for him you can see he tries hard too hard at times instead of simple ball.

Keita kicks floor and is out for who knows ive never known anything like it mate !!

I suppose, But I feel Ox gets away with a lot because he's english

He's ruined, he's never going to play much of a part for us, he simply isn't that great either.

I miss us having a top midfield, even if we had jay spearing as backiup lolz (probably still was more useful than keita)

Need 2 youngish midfielders for me, one a top talent who can be a starter, and one a good squad player, who is reliable and decent.

I can't see us getting 2 though we'll be lucky to get anyone it seems.
    Last edited by Kev0909; 27th September 2021 at 10:18 AM.

Possibly Kev I think its clear he gives his all and that is the bare minimum.

Ox could get another club im sure someone like West Ham/Villa would pay £20m for him.

Bissouma is the man he chews up ground and is a very good player only 24-25.

Baku in Germany would be a good option as he can play RB to a good standard as well.

People will mention Bellingham but he will cost far too much which probably rules is out.

Keita is a decent player. We’re not entirely utilising his ability. As much as I hated Wijnaldum in a red shirt, if he had played the role he was playing in the Dutch team, you’d bet your arses I’d be all over him.

Personally, I think Keita is one of our most gifted midfielders. (Thiago aside). You have to question what his duties are and what the manager is asking him to do. Same with others, being played out of position or playing when off form. Klopp bashing, maybe, but he has a duty to manage the team and come up with different tactics as ours are literally the same, win lose or draw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    Keita is a decent player. We’re not entirely utilising his ability. As much as I hated Wijnaldum in a red shirt, if he had played the role he was playing in the Dutch team, you’d bet your arses I’d be all over him.

Personally, I think Keita is one of our most gifted midfielders. (Thiago aside). You have to question what his duties are and what the manager is asking him to do. Same with others, being played out of position or playing when off form. Klopp bashing, maybe, but he has a duty to manage the team and come up with different tactics as ours are literally the same, win lose or draw.
    we can't keep hoping he'll actually be able to get a run of games perform well, actually not get injured, and actually be fit forever though Doc too long as it is for me, just like Ox, all for giving players time, but these 2 take the piss, and need to go. at least they're a bit younger than the rest of the midifeld... apart from Jones and I guess elliot if we're calling him a midfielder now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    we can't keep hoping he'll actually be able to get a run of games perform well, actually not get injured, and actually be fit forever though Doc too long as it is for me, just like Ox, all for giving players time, but these 2 take the piss, and need to go. at least they're a bit younger than the rest of the midifeld... apart from Jones and I guess elliot if we're calling him a midfielder now.
    That’s a fair comment Kev. You’re right about Ox though. If he wasn’t English, we’d be looking at shipping him out

Perhaps but think miller nailed it with these 2 words "too brittle".

Klopp is like Ferguson/Mourinho/Pep the team comes first and if you cant do the job you are out.

Klopp does tinker with formations at times to be fair but yes he tends to like his 433.

Most big clubs wont change tactics as they have belief in what they do will work and 90% of the time it does work.

Keita is talented but for me his walking around the pitch at Madrid in the QF last year totally unacceptable and Klopp thought so too hooking him before HT.

Its for the best if Bayern are after him and we replace him with a more robust player like Bissouma as an example.