Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Naby Keita

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    He did say bitter/jealous, i don't believe anyone outside the uk is in any way jealous when British clubs are very successful in Europe, they are bitter though, bitter as hell, the UK in general isn't very well liked or thought of throughout Europe
    ‘Bitter’? Really? I have never ever encountered anyone in continental Europe being bitter of the UK. I mean, what on earth would they have to be bitter about?
    As an Irishman, I have an allergy to the little Englander baloney that RedNoodle has spouted out on occasion (and his response to my post is so meandering and divorced from reality, it reminds me of my Auntie Sarah in her later years).
    In fact, in my experience, throughout continental Europe and beyond, people are wondering how what was once a pragmatic, common-sense nation is now behaving as if it’s got its adolescent head permanently shoved up its arse.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesugw View Post
    ‘Bitter’? Really? I have never ever encountered anyone in continental Europe being bitter of the UK. I mean, what on earth would they have to be bitter about?
    As an Irishman, I have an allergy to the little Englander baloney that RedNoodle has spouted out on occasion (and his response to my post is so meandering and divorced from reality, it reminds me of my Auntie Sarah in her later years).
    In fact, in my experience, throughout continental Europe and beyond, people are wondering how what was once a pragmatic, common-sense nation is now behaving as if it’s got its adolescent head permanently shoved up its arse.
    Bitter as in not liking the English, they don't have a problem with the Scots or Irish, too much Brits abroad stereo typical holiday makers and too many unruly squaddies over the years, i never had a problem, several nations tried to adopt me as their own, but i'm me, behind the adoptation there was always the 'you can't be, you're not really English'
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Whereas your one eyed rhetoric is a completely unbiased and balanced commentary on reality.
    Typical anti English Celtic bigotry.

The fact you immediately resorted to using terms like "little Englander" as well as mentioning your own nationality suggests to me that rather than anything being wrong/erroneous with what I said, you are just one of those bitter/jealous people I'm actually talking about, though I sense with you it goes further than that.

Anyway, speedy full recovery Naby
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Anyway, speedy full recovery Naby
    Absolutely. In a selfish glass half full sense, it’s good that he’ll miss the ACN but should be back fit for our preseason.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Because the two biggest clubs outside of England are Spanish, and most of those involved at the top end of FIFA/UEFA are non English. Unfortunately for us everyone else is bitter/jealous of England/Britain/UK and the Premier League, and as such they will do whatever possible to f-us over.
    Err, that's not really the most reasonable explanation I think.

Uefalona and Real have got help in the past because they're guaranteed to the be domestic champs once every two years, pay higher wages than the rest and are traditionally clubs that play flairy football that's likely to draw big crowds and good players. But since there's two of them, they're ideal as the league isn't boring. Factor in the lower taxes and better (for them two) TV money distribution in Spain and you can easily see why they're the safer bet for UEFA to build their CL brand around and not the English clubs. The only thing of which the Spanish could be jealous when it comes the UK football is the TV money.

Compare them to United or City who have tougher domestic games, no winter break and have six teams competing for four CL places each year and it's easy to see why they're not ideal "franchise carrying clubs".
    Last edited by Balinkay; 4th May 2019 at 08:48 AM.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Whereas your one eyed rhetoric is a completely unbiased and balanced commentary on reality.
    Typical anti English Celtic bigotry.
    I've lived here for over half my life, my children were born here, all my closest friends are English, it's a country - well, until it took leave of its faculties c. June 2016 - rooted in noble characteristics: tolerance, a sense of fair play, a wariness of ideologies of all descriptions.
    But if you can't see the one-eyed, self-pitying, jingoistic, delusional Little Englander claptrap that RedNoodle spouted for what it is, then I have nothing more to say to you on this, I'm afraid...

So many new words I'm learning on this thread.

@james

I don't know if "welcome" is in order, since you've technically been around longer than me, but good to see more people posting. We could get a nice separate thread about UEFA's preference for the Spanish giants going if there's a discussion to be had there.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    The fact you immediately resorted to using terms like "little Englander" as well as mentioning your own nationality suggests to me that rather than anything being wrong/erroneous with what I said, you are just one of those bitter/jealous people I'm actually talking about, though I sense with you it goes further than that.

I'm beginning to think that you don't know what these words 'jealous' and 'bitter' mean. Again: Jealous of what? Bitter about what?
    Your mini-rant - "Unfortunately for us everyone else is bitter/jealous of England/Britain/UK and the Premier League, and as such they will do whatever possible to f-us over" - gets to the heart of what has gone awry in this country in recent years. Your delusional, paranoid, self-pitying spew, saturated as it is in a chronically low self-esteem, is the type of baloney which, unfortunately, has now taken centre-stage in the body politic of this country. Among other things, I recommend Fintan O'Toole's 'Heroic Failure' - a good read