Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Naby Keita

A draw against Madrid at Anfield means we are through.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    didn't we win? why is there so much negativity still around here. atletico away isn't easy sure the red card helped but still.

What a result, job done as far as group stage is concerned.
    The thread is about Naby. Great goal last night but other than that he was bloody awful. For a so called box to box midfielder he hasn't a clue about defending.

Apart from the goal he was very average, pretty much like his time at Anfield.

Any offer over £25m and I’d get rid.

He's the epitome of a luxury player. Just doesn't work hard enough for my liking.

As for last night, sure, he was skinned by two of the best players in European football, but Klopp also felt he wasn't up to the job. In his defence, he's been out injured (again) so may not be completely match fit. I'll be amazed if he starts against the Mancs.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

I’d be concerned

I would never play him on the right again, he seems to do much better on the left where he's not as exposed (with Robbo and Sadio being better defenders). Playing him on the right is asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Miami Red View Post
    I would never play him on the right again, he seems to do much better on the left where he's not as exposed (with Robbo and Sadio being better defenders). Playing him on the right is asking for trouble.
    I don't like him on the right to be honest and never have and with the exemplary job Milner has done at RB when called upon already this season, Millie and Trent down our right with Keita at LCM would have been the better set up for me.

I don't think Naby is a player for such big games, he's a good player for lesser sides, but he's not been good enough when given the nod against any top side
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'd agree with what Nineteen says he is good enough to play in EPL for sure but against top sides im not sure.

At £50m he hasnt delivered really you dont pay that for a squad player he needed to be better than that.

Like Miller says, I too will be worried and also surprised if he's in the starting 11 Sunday. You don't need players like him at OT. Milner,Fab,Hendo.

Just reading Tielemans has turned down a new contract offer.. so time will tell if he comes to us, would mean Keita is on even more borrowed time.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century