Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Unlikely heroes

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'd be amazed if we buy Kabak in the summer.
    Think we will buy anyone seen as a potential route to a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Think we will buy anyone seen as a potential route to a profit.
    Definitely. The big fella looks to be pulling a caravan when running. 😃😃

Maybe Davies will start and be our hero? With a bit of Robbie Williams playing in the dressing room before kick off and HT ?

Surely that's why we've signed Davies right?

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Was watching our defending closely today and it’s really poor. We usually have the numbers back but we rarely pick up our men and when we do we give them too much space, it’s like we wait til they receive the ball before we take any notice of them. We can have 5 defenders v 1 attacker but they will often receive the ball in space in our box.
    Not a chance of us keeping a clean sheet v Real Madrid, they’re going to score first then get a second as we push up needing 3 to even take it into extra time.
    Alisson isn’t helping either, he’s in the worst form of his Anfield career.

Just cannot see our 0.9% chance converters out scoring such strong opposition, particularly when you compare the relative defences.
    For Klopp and Peps bemoaning of Bus parking it's not a skill either have really mastered. Zidane imo has a better understanding of that capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Maybe Davies will start and be our hero? With a bit of Robbie Williams playing in the dressing room before kick off and HT ?

Surely that's why we've signed Davies right?
    Davies has been signed as cheap/easy cover he is doing his job.

We might sell him in the summer for £3-4m who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'd be amazed if we buy Kabak in the summer.
    He's young yet and whilst the £18m required to buy him may sound a lot on paper, it would be nothing over the course of 5-10 seasons.

He looks fine to me. Not at all "great" but certainly perfectly adequate and age-wise he has loads of room to prove.

The best ability is availability right now and we will need one or two resilient defenders going forward as we have no idea how long the recovery of Gomez and Van Dijk will take, or indeed if they'll ever be the same player/s again. Van Dijk could be a "Kompany" (excellent but rarely fit) for all we know.

Not too fussed either way - if we buy him I'm content enough and if we don't (and target someone else) I'm fine with that too - if we buy someone instead of Kabak rather than as-well-as then I hope they have an excellent injury record.

Don't want to be taking Fabinho out of midfield again if it can be avoided.

He’s probably as good as Gomez but we need a Matip level defender to play alongside Virgil, not an ok defender good enough for top half of the Prem a proper top level performer week in week out.

I dont think our high line has helped our defending..I'd love us to be more astute in how we attack teams.. rather than going gung ho. Having 3 solid midfielders worked for us last season.. The problems they dont offer enough goals. we need to find one who can do both roles.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Kabak is better than ok to be fair he is also better suited to right CB but as he is better on the ball than Phillips its needs must.

I'd sign Kabak and another CB.

As I keep saying we have 3 CBs coming off bad injuries and we can use Gomez as back up RB too dont forget.

We need to be well covered at CB next season that is a given.

No reason we can't get the win we need by the margin we need, I see Reals 50m CB they bought from Porto who was outstanding in the first leg is also now out injured

First leg Jurgen fucked up, got some basics disastrously wrong, stopping their midfield 3 getting on the ball and playing is always key against Real, we've had great success in the Champions League this season through lowering the line of our press so the forwards are actually off the opposition defence blocking the lines for them to play into their midfielders and setting traps for our forwards or midfielders to try and nick the ball in midfield when they are trying to play out instead of nicking it as high as we used to, why Jurgen ditched that for that first leg only he knows

I think this game is very winnable, set up as we have had so much success in the Champions League this season, block the lines for them to play to their midfielders, makes sure we do rapidly press Kroos or Modric when either drop between their 2 CBs and look to nick the ball in midfield with our forwards already obviously in great positions between their midfield and defence from who we've set up

These lads can do this, believe in them and never give up
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”