Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlikely heroes

Indeed, really don’t think Didi gets the credit he deserved. Marvellous player.

I rated Patrick Berger ..And Danny Murphy wasn't has bad has some made him out to be..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Two winning goals at Old Trafford, how many players can say that in the Premier League era.

Gary Mac, came in and helped the younsters, led us to 3 trophies in one season his influence and class goes a bit unoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Gary Mac, came in and helped the younsters, led us to 3 trophies in one season his influence and class goes a bit unoticed.
    Great shout, that Derby goal although i knew where he was going to put it, called it beforehand
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm really looking for players who have in general not been very good for us on a consistent basis, or were all we had and we knew weren't very good and completely out of type and unexpectedly produced something absolutely brilliant none of us expected and well above the level any of us had ever expected from them.

Or equally a player like Unisex who nobody would expect to play on Tuesday, could he play and conjure up a vital wonder goal

This also goes back to my point about Sturridge, all that talent sulking around when there's a chance for him to grab 2 medals, Dudek, Traore, Smicer, Le Tallec all knew they were out of the door at the end of the 05 season, yet despite being poor their entire Liverpool careers, when presented with an opportunity to win the Champions league, every single one of them produced something or a few moments of brilliance throughout our run to lifting the trophy
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Tell you what if we go on to win the title, i know big if

Origi has had a huge part to play, saved us a few times and I can't believe i'm saying that
    Last edited by Kev0909; 5th May 2019 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Two winning goals at Old Trafford, how many players can say that in the Premier League era.
    3 winning goals.

Actually one might have been at anfield. A penalty in 1-0 win on a rare 3pm sat kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    I'm really looking for players who have in general not been very good for us on a consistent basis, or were all we had and we knew weren't very good and completely out of type and unexpectedly produced something absolutely brilliant none of us expected and well above the level any of us had ever expected from them.

Or equally a player like Unisex who nobody would expect to play on Tuesday, could he play and conjure up a vital wonder goal

This also goes back to my point about Sturridge, all that talent sulking around when there's a chance for him to grab 2 medals, Dudek, Traore, Smicer, Le Tallec all knew they were out of the door at the end of the 05 season, yet despite being poor their entire Liverpool careers, when presented with an opportunity to win the Champions league, every single one of them produced something or a few moments of brilliance throughout our run to lifting the trophy
    I remember Ronny Rosenthal coming out of nowhere to score the goals that helped us win the league. I aslo though David Speedie score a few important goals in his short time with us.