Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Unlikely heroes

Id love Hendo to score the winner or 4th in a 4-0 ein or similar scoreline. Seeing him lift that trophy would be so fucking amazing. He deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Well, if we start our best 11 as it looks like we hopefully will, might we still be looking at unlikely heroes? A player stepping up to score a massive goal who isn't one most fans would expect to deliver it?
    Is the word that both Keita and Firmino are fit to start ?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Id love Hendo to score the winner or 4th in a 4-0 ein or similar scoreline. Seeing him lift that trophy would be so fucking amazing. He deserves it.
    Weirdly, I keep getting Spurs 0-4 Liverpool popping into my head Robbo, Mane, Salah and Hendo scoring, Robbo opening the scoring early with a blistering low drive from outside the box
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Is the word that both Keita and Firmino are fit to start ?
    Keita is rated extremely doubtful, Bobby should be fine

Well Robbo might not be considered an unlikely hero, but few are probably thinking of his goal threat and potential to score for us in the final and next season, I have this feeling he is going to score on Saturday, it's just there and won't go away, as not many expect that, it probably qualifies as unlikely hero territory

Matip hat trick.

There's a lot of confidence on show here. And while I believe that if Liverpool show up and the boys play like we know they can, we should have too much for Tottenham and hopefully the occasion will get to them too.
    But, this is an all English final. Against two quite evenly matched teams, so it could go either way and that means Spurs could easily blow us away if things don't go according to plan.
    So, I'm expecting an even final with a nail biting finish, with LFC (hopefully) coming out on top.

Cue a big fat 0-0er...Lolzzzzz
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Can we for once have a nice boring final where we win the game in the first twenty minutes? Please?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Can't see any team blowing our defence away at the moment.

If this was City vs Spurs in a one off match everyone would be saying they'll spank them, we finished 26 points ahead of them for a reason, we're better and there's no reason why we won't turn up and they will. Everyone talks about how we were lucky the last time we played them but nobody can deny we've cranked it up since then.

Let's embrace being favourites for once.

....and yes, we've been put through the ringer far too many times this season with tight, nervy games, let's just have a piss boring straight forward win............................please.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."