Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Unlikely heroes

Javier Mascherano on playing for LFC:

"I obviously have a lot of love for Barcelona, I spent the best years of my career there but I would choose Liverpool," he told CNN.

“I feel something special for them. Yes, right now is the best in the world, Liverpool represents me a lot.”

Players like Coutinho and Can will probably look back with similar feelings. Current players should take note. Playing for, or being involved with LFC is special. An intangible quality that stays long after a career ends.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Biscan v Juve away wasnt it ?

Adrian super cup

Critch AND

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Wlliams and Jones were immense

Here we go, it's THAT time again, but the context is a little different

On this occasion we're looking for unlikely heroes in respect of many of our most celebrated and consistent likely heroes of the prior 2 seasons finding themselves and finding it within themselves to bring their game to that level and above and get the win by the required margin against Real to put themselves in the Champions League semi final nobody expects them to, except perhaps me.

This time there is no famous Anfield crowd and incredible atmosphere, the team and several players haven't been in the best of form and aren't on a run of continual evolution and improvement, BUT, they all need to remember that THEY the players pulled off that incredible win v Barca, without Mo or Bobby when no-one gave them a hope in hell

They have to have the same belief that they can do this for the fans, play with absolutely incredible intensity, focus, communication, direction of each other and belief and never ever give up, just like we did today, these lads can get the win we need, by the margin we need on Wednesday night, it's up to them to show their very best and do it, do it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Big Nat is up there. Some huge headers in the final minutes today.
    We'll probably not see much of him after this season, but he'll be fondly remembered.

It's just one game, if we turn up anything can happen.
    Still have the ability to score a few goals in a few minutes. Salah/Jota on form.
    Will need a performance and a bit of luck.

Was watching our defending closely today and it’s really poor. We usually have the numbers back but we rarely pick up our men and when we do we give them too much space, it’s like we wait til they receive the ball before we take any notice of them. We can have 5 defenders v 1 attacker but they will often receive the ball in space in our box.
    Not a chance of us keeping a clean sheet v Real Madrid, they’re going to score first then get a second as we push up needing 3 to even take it into extra time.
    Alisson isn’t helping either, he’s in the worst form of his Anfield career.

Just cannot see our 0.9% chance converters out scoring such strong opposition, particularly when you compare the relative defences.

You can’t really be pretending to be serious owners when the best you can do after letting Lovren go without replacement - witnessing that folly with Virgil and Gomez going down - the. waiting till February to sign Davies and Kabak.

Like I said - it’s absolutely pathetic - it’s amateur hour.

Phillips and Kabak @ CB v Real Madrid... Lordy lord.

I'd be amazed if we buy Kabak in the summer.