Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Robbo is suffering from a loss of form. Probably not helped by the knock he picked up in pre-season. I think Tsimikas should be given the opportunity to play. He's looked decent and give Robbo the chance to recover.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Maybe they're just both not as good as everyone thought and now playing at there level after playing over it? Same with firmino

Think we had a season or 2 where everything just clicked and players outperformed themselves, you don't go out of form for this long, (the other 2 rather than robbo but he's getting there)

Who knows.
    I genuinely don't see either regaining that previous form and without wanting to go over old ground it was something I thought would happen in this squad whilst we've kept largely the same regular 11 for over 3 years.
    They just don't look the same, Mane in particular.
    Salah has pretty much become our Gerrard of this era, we 100% rely on him every game.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I genuinely don't see either regaining that previous form and without wanting to go over old ground it was something I thought would happen in this squad whilst we've kept largely the same regular 11 for over 3 years.
    They just don't look the same, Mane in particular.
    Salah has pretty much become our Gerrard of this era, we 100% rely on him every game.
    Nah - I would say this is closer to a side that had Torres, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascha, Good version of Reina, Hyppia
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Left back in the dressing room?
    Brilliant.. Love it

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    Nah - I would say this is closer to a side that had Torres, Gerrard, Alonso, Mascha, Good version of Reina, Hyppia
    That side would have been knackered without Gerrard despite those other class players, he was the driver. This current side would be snookered completely without Salah, hes the only regular match winner we have. If he was out for a spell we would be in trouble.
    Most sides are the same I guess though with only a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    That side would have been knackered without Gerrard despite those other class players, he was the driver. This current side would be snookered completely without Salah, hes the only regular match winner we have. If he was out for a spell we would be in trouble.
    Most sides are the same I guess though with only a few exceptions.
    Those competing for honours have decent back up/benches. City, Chelsea and United have a good squad. Think you can name a few match winners in their side.

Spurs..Son and Kane and Moura to an extent. When one is the others step up.

Everton Dcl, richarlason and a new Townsend can also take charge.

That leaves us, I don’t think Salah is our only match winner. He scores us the goals, but honestly think others can step up.

On the odd occasion, when we’ve lost our match winner/s we’ve actually played really well. No Salah, Bobby for the clash against Barca. We blitz the crap out of them. Think it allows others to step up, as opposed to all the attention being on one person.

Having said that, I’m still fucked off we didn’t sign additional, quality players to turn the chances we create/ shot on target into goals

I guess it depends what people term match winner.

Id put Alisson, Van Djik and Trent in that category as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I guess it depends what people term match winner.

Id put Alisson, Van Djik and Trent in that category as well.
    And Hendo Captain Fantastic, club legend, Premier League Champions League CWC and European Super Cup winning Captain
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Robertson should be really worried about his place (Klopp will still pick him ahead of Kostas though) Watching the match back, Kostas has added an additional attacking threat from corner set pieces. Majority of his crosses were on point. Something Robertson hasn’t managed to do from corners.

Rotation and rest is gonna.be more evident this season than any other under klopp. Id guess salah and mane will get most minutes of the outfield players, could do with another right back to fill in for trent if milner is needed elsewhere at the same time