Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

The general point where the foolishness of these people falls down is that top class attacking full backs get the assists and goals they do by arriving from deeper and being found in space unmarked because the opposition player is marking the left or right CM who has often made a run inside to create the space for them, if the full back is played in midfield, then they are the player being marked, which is why it doesn't work.

Surely this shouldn't be difficult for people to understand
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

@OptaJoe

35 - Trent Alexander-Arnold recorded his 35th Premier League assist today, aged 22 years and 340 days. In the competition's history, only Cesc Fábregas, Wayne Rooney and Ryan Giggs have reached this total at a younger age. Right-back.

Someone have a chat with Robertson and ask if he's ok.

He's been poor for what seems like ages. 19x, I don't think the link up play with Robbo and Mane is solved by changing Manes position. They're both way off form.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post

He's been poor for what seems like ages. 19x, I don't think the link up play with Robbo and Mane is solved by changing Manes position. They're both way off form.
    They've both been well off form since their positions were fucked about with
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Mane started out here on the right wing before being shifted out to the left wing once Salah arrived.
    The his position has changed on the left wing doesn't seem a very realistic reason for his drop off in form.

Also what do you mean about robbo?

From what position should klopp send him back to left back from ?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

Send him back to Hull? 😝

Just kidding, calm down folks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post

Maybe they're just both not as good as everyone thought and now playing at there level after playing over it? Same with firmino

Think we had a season or 2 where everything just clicked and players outperformed themselves, you don't go out of form for this long, (the other 2 rather than robbo but he's getting there)

Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

Left back in the dressing room?
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Something I wondered about (particularly on the right side, with Salah holding a wider position and Trent coming in a bit) was whether or not part of the thinking was having the full-backs be closer to the channels in the event that we lose the ball, ie one would (in theory) rather have a full-back to stop a counter through a channel than a forward because (again, in theory) of their better defensive shaping/positioning/tackling.

Though it would seem such a small percentage gain at the potential expense of attacking output.