Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1114151617181920212223242526272831 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Actually i usually have an opinion on things like this. I'm gonna just wait and see what happens..
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Actually i usually have an opinion on things like this. I'm gonna just wait and see what happens..
    You are a wise owl Justme !

The Govt have handled this in a shocking way I mean people still arent being tested at airports until Wednesday.

Plus we have some stupid people around who dont care about their actions in the UK.

Hopefully the vaccine does the biz and we all stay safe.

Posted this on the Bobby thread, belongs here really

My main disappointment has been the lack of variation of movement between the forwards and full backs and our not further developing our full backs games and contributions this season.

They get to play a lot higher up for a lot more time than the full backs of any other side in world football, they get to do so at the expense of having attacking midfielders and our midfielders getting further forward more often.

People talk, quite a lot, about my belief in one way of playing, but that's pertinently untrue, I'm always looking for and expecting Jurgen, the coaching staff and our players to expand on and evolve how we play, a big part of that HAS tp be evolving how our full backs play and contribute given what we sacrifice in other areas to allow them to play so high

We should even with the injury issues we've had and having had Thiago missing for most games, have already started the evolution of our full backs play and contribution as although at times there wouldn't be a player to release them, they could and should at least be being found in the half space between opposition RB and RCB and LB and LCB in a position to put an early low ball into the box in behind both CB's towards the penalty spot/far post.

Creating those situations isn't reliant of us having Virgil or Thiago, it only requires the deliberate movement of the LFWD or RFWD to take the full back very wide to the corner, the LCM or RCM to back them up down the line to allow Robbo or Trent to be found with a late run to arrive in that position to put in an early low cross or burst through the channel into the box with the ball

It's also hugely disappointing, that given the quality of the delivery of both, we haven't worked on both putting more balls in from deeper when in a wider position, it is on so many times in every game for both of them, more Robbo than Trent, where they can still play the ball through the channel between LB and LCB or RB and RCB or over LCB or RCB dipping just past the penalty spot towards the far post

For me, they should already be doing those things and both should be getting more goals

Those balls might at first not always have a player connect with them to turn them home, but putting them in there more frequently will surely prompt the variation of movement of the forwards until there are players arriving to connect with them in no time at all, and there we are, simply, easily doable variation of play and movement, with what we currently have at our disposal to better create and score goals against the sides that park the bus

People can slate our midfield all they like, the reality is, in Jurgen's set up, they, Gini and Hendo in particular have been used to create a platform for both our full backs to operate in areas other teams would have a more attacking mid, and they and Jurgen and the coaching staff aren't currently doing nearly enough to maximise that and expand on it
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I'm still backing Robbo and Trent, Trent's getting back to great form, Robbo will be if we get back to being direct and Mane being at LFWD

Robbo more than any other of our players desperately needs educating on playing the percentages, he has completed wasted at least 30 brilliant opportunities for us to score the last 2 seasons, in the position he found himself in today and has so many times in games, there is no way on God's earth except for a 1 in 10,000 chance he can slip a squad ball to one of our 2 forwards to his right, he has to stop wasting these positions

When next in such a position he need to drill a low shot to the bottom right corner, he might score, if the keeper saves any parry is far more likely to arrive at one of our players to be bundled home or be accidentally bundled into their own net by an opposition player and result in a goal for us than Robbo looking for a 4-5 yard centre

UAE FC scored their second playing the percentages in just this way today, Foden knew it was unlikely he would beat Alisson from that position, that there were 2 players to his right, so tried to smash it across Big Bear to the bottom right hand corner, Big Bear parries, their lad scores

Play the fucking percentages

Trent's form has been far FAR better of late, forget the pen, never a pen, first class defending from Trent and bent Manc ref

Robbo's form has gone to shit since Jurgen fucked about with Mane's position and movement and we stopped playing our switches

Note to Jurgen and both to watch Cancelo's display tonight, THAT is what I've been banging on about for the evolution of our full backs play, particularly putting those balls in from the inside left or right position and taking shots on, Robbo has been taking more shots on and put a couple of absolute beauties in from there for Jota to head home and for Bobby's sublime touch and finish v Palace

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Trent's form has been far FAR better of late, forget the pen, never a pen, first class defending from Trent and bent Manc ref

Robbo's form has gone to shit since Jurgen fucked about with Mane's position and movement and we stopped playing our switches

Note to Jurgen and both to watch Cancelo's display tonight, THAT is what I've been banging on about for the evolution of our full backs play, particularly putting those balls in from the inside left or right position and taking shots on, Robbo has been taking more shots on and put a couple of absolute beauties in from there for Jota to head home and for Bobby's sublime touch and finish v Palace
    Trent setting the standard for all our players these last few games, saw a fair bit of that type of play I was looking for as part of the further evolution of our full backs Pep has achieved with Cancelo from Trent in todays game too

Robbo;s form took a huge dip when Jurgen stopped the switches and broke up his and Mane's incredible partnership, but again, should have had a hat trick today, really REALLY needs to work on his finishing, get a net in his back garden like Mo did when he was at Roma, he could have scored around 30 goals over the 2 prior seasons and this and he's got what 2? 3? not good enough, not even close to being good enough, needs to work on his finishing

Robbo, surely on the brink of being replaced by Scotland at LB by Tierney talking shite on the offal again

'The last 2 games have been more like us' this time

Last night we were fucking shite (although I'd rather we were shite and won than be by far the better side and lose)

How about Robbo watches this from 1 minute 2 seconds and thinks about all the times apart from that one he has had the opportunity to put a ball like that in early, but instead takes a touch and then goes backward and start actually playing like an incredible attacking full back called Andy Robertson rather than this sad, tame, imposter who looks just like him we've seen too much of this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5R8h7zIn0

Oh and maybe Mo could have remembered this was the first assist he gave him last season and it was brilliant to encourage him to do it more

Trent has been dropped from the England squad (not that I'm complaining), which according to Southgate (who will win f-all whilst managing England), is because of Trent's form (despite saying it has improved recently) combined with the form of others, though he's still picked the likes of Dier who haven't even been playing.

Southgate is just an FA stooge, hopeless manager. Trent has had 3 or 4 very good performances recently, including a couple of motm’s. The guy is clueless