Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Would a tall striker actually score more goals than we've had in the past with these lads?

Or is that just a myth?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Would a tall striker actually score more goals than we've had in the past with these lads?
    Really don't think so, it's all about Trent and Robbo's delivery and our forwards and midfielders movement and about all of them anticipating and knowing what each other will be doing

Thought Trent's post match interview was brilliant, always looking to improve and learn, all about the team and getting the win in each next game and I think he and Robbo are defining the modern full back role and they've still got a lot more developing left to do, I love how far they've come already, they're already brilliant players, but their potential to get a whole lot better and knowing they'll work their balls off to do just that is incredibly exciting and inspiring
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 3rd January 2020 at 06:01 AM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Robbo's catching Trent up, I was doing some player comparisons on the offal site last night and theirs are very closely matched across the board. Robbo needs to start banging a few goals in now, starting on Saturday

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Great vid that, had already watched it

Yes please lads, MORE

Come on Robbo lad, when you next find yourself in that position you were in today, don't look for the cross, just smash it like Bobby

So next steps of evolution are more goals, more balls through the channels for assists, more really early balls in from slightly deeper, greater development of boths playmaking ability from deeper

Been looking through Shankly quotes having a right old good time of it, here's one for Robbo

On his pride for the city of Liverpool…
    Shankly might have been born a Scot but Liverpool was his home and he made that very clear to his loyal fans:

“Although I’m a Scot, I’d be proud to be called a Scouser.”

Well said young man, I'm expecting Trent to operate as he did v City tomorrow, be more conservative in his forays forward and making the play from RB quite a lot, with Robbo being our full back who gets advanced more regularly putting quality into the box and Trent's just the man to release him. And when Robbo finds himself in the channel between their full back and RCB with the ball at his feet or in the kind of area he found himself v Tottenham, I'm hoping for hand over the ball and for him to absolutely smash it home, I think he should score a little more, he finds himself in great positions in that channel at least once a game, now it's time for him to step up that aspect of his game and start burying a few

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/383265-we-have-got-a-job-to-do-trent-s-take-on-liverpool-v-united