Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1013141516171819202122232425262730 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    After Jurgen revealing yesterday that Trent has been playing on with Covid after effects could explain alot about not only his performances but the rest of the team.
    This is what I have thought for a while.

People think once you are negative you are ok same people been asking "What has happened to Mane/Salah" think about it.

Its why this season is bullshit.

Aaang on a minute folks...

I thought we had the worlds best sports scientists..? There is no way on earth that our team is so incompetent as to be unable to spot a drastic drop in energy levels with those concerned AND if they have noticed such a drop WHY on earth are these players playing?

Covid might not show up on tests its an unknown at the minute dont forget.

People say you cant catch it twice but is that 100% correct.

Bruce said the same about a few players at Newcastle.

I look at it this way we lost 7-2, Utd lost 6-1 and City lost 5-2 all around the same time ....those results were all covid related imo.

I dont care what anybody says I 100% believe that and I personally think its time to null and void the season.

Well I agree the season should probably be voided - should never have started IMO - BUT our club can't call for it now after last season.. Would put us on very thin ice.

I think the strange results are more to do with a very condensed pre season tbh levelling things up for those clubs who don't play in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Well I agree the season should probably be voided - should never have started IMO - BUT our club can't call for it now after last season.. Would put us on very thin ice.

I think the strange results are more to do with a very condensed pre season tbh levelling things up for those clubs who don't play in Europe
    I agree it should not have started.

We are not calling for it to be voided no club is.

Last season was different only 8 games left and you finish off in the summer when the virus was weaker.

Now the virus is brutal due to the weather and flu season and lets be honest is not going to improve in the next few months much.

I think this season should be voided, I think we should call for it on the grounds of health and safety and protecting the players
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I doubt you were saying that last season...
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

It's a good job we didn't void it last season and assume everything would be normal this season.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    If the pandemic had been as it is now and we'd not even played half the season I'd have fully agreed with voiding last season, when there's only 8 games left and the spread and risk of the pandemic is nowhere near the current levels and footballers acting professionally and responsibly in their bubble were at very little risk through training together and playing behind closed doors games to finish the season
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    I think last season was different it was a legal minefield with so few games left, it was finished as the summer the virus was not as brutal.

G.Nev thought it would be funny but he was too stupid to see it wouldnt damage us as bad as teams down the leagues.

We know the next 3 months are brutal its only a matter of time before it gets stopped.

I agree with 19 on this its no way to carry on plus lack of fans makes it shit.