Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1215161718192021222324252627282932 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Linagrd has a few "decent" games and hes back in.. must be part of the in crowd
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Trent has been dropped from the England squad (not that I'm complaining), which according to Southgate (who will win f-all whilst managing England), is because of Trent's form (despite saying it has improved recently) combined with the form of others, though he's still picked the likes of Dier who haven't even been playing.
    Good, given how the FA and refs association have treated our club this season if I were Trent, Hendo or Jones (U21's) I'd have told them to shove their crappy national side anyway

Honestly, there's no pride to be had in being English, the absolutely desperate state of our society, if I were the greatest footballer on the planet or at any other sport, I wouldn't represent England, because England doesn't represent me or my values and I wouldn't want to be seen as being representative of our society and its ever diminishing values
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 18th March 2021 at 08:54 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

"The world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it"
    Any player representing England would do well to remember that, all about the agents, the greater sponsorship deals, look at Rashford, banging on about free school meals, childhood diseases and illnesses like Rickets and others are the highest they been since Victorian times, I'm frankly fed up of people championing each next campaign rather than focusing on drawing people's attention to the underlying causes that created those issues

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Trent has been dropped from the England squad (not that I'm complaining), which according to Southgate (who will win f-all whilst managing England), is because of Trent's form (despite saying it has improved recently) combined with the form of others, though he's still picked the likes of Dier who haven't even been playing.
    Southgate's wording on it was poor - said something to the effect of "he is still a talent with lots to offer in the future" - STILL A TALENT! That's a Premier League and Champion's League winner he's talking about. He's more than a talent.

He’s more than that, he’s a Champions League, Super Cup, Club World Cup and Premier League winner but not good enough to play for Southgate’s band of limp fucks.

Yeah right, fuck off Southgate you FA stooge gimp. Trent should refuse to play for the twat in future. Won’t adversely affect his career one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Good, given how the FA and refs association have treated our club this season if I were Trent, Hendo or Jones (U21's) I'd have told them to shove their crappy national side anyway

Honestly, there's no pride to be had in being English, the absolutely desperate state of our society, if I were the greatest footballer on the planet or at any other sport, I wouldn't represent England, because England doesn't represent me or my values and I wouldn't want to be seen as being representative of our society and its ever diminishing values
    What are your values ?
    “We have to change, from doubters to believers—now.”

Tbh this is fantastic news.
    He stays with Liverpool and will have 3 weeks rest / preparation.

Not bothered in the slightest.
    Hopefully Hendo can get fit.

Gomez VVD and the giraffe too.

Let's hope none of them go to the Euros too.

A true pre season preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Robbo, surely on the brink of being replaced by Scotland at LB by Tierney talking shite on the offal again

'The last 2 games have been more like us' this time

Last night we were fucking shite (although I'd rather we were shite and won than be by far the better side and lose)

How about Robbo watches this from 1 minute 2 seconds and thinks about all the times apart from that one he has had the opportunity to put a ball like that in early, but instead takes a touch and then goes backward and start actually playing like an incredible attacking full back called Andy Robertson rather than this sad, tame, imposter who looks just like him we've seen too much of this season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK5R8h7zIn0

Oh and maybe Mo could have remembered this was the first assist he gave him last season and it was brilliant to encourage him to do it more
    A lot of poor / hopeful balls in.
    Partly because there is no end player.
    Confidence.
    Also he's shooting is awful.
    Be interesting to know how many shots he has had.
    Every time he gets in a shooting position, every game a couple of chances, just you know it wont be on target.

I find myself frustrated and think to myself... get the fooker on target ffs.
    Simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    What are your values ?
    Well, could I respresent a nation who were investigated by the UN and the human rights commission over human rights abuses of the mentally ill and disabled The damning UN report concluding their treatment of these groups was 'a human catastrophe'? No

Could I represent a nation with 170,000 unavoidable deaths of people in these groups in the last 8 years? No

Could I represent a nation where through decades of adverse CBT and people accepting the unacceptable through it, we have childhood diseases such as rickets and others at levels not seen since victorian times? No

A nation who despite a UN embargo on arms sales, continued to sell arms to Saudi Arabia they knew they were using to mass murder and ethnically cleanse the people of Yemen? No

A nation in which through getting people to work for less and less through adverse CBT over several decades, fiddling the inflation register as part of that process, deliberately propping up and escalating certain markets, housing, energy, fuel, travel for the benefit of a tiny minority to profit from and priced millions of people out of the opportunity to earn a living wage, or ever buying their own home and make working people have to choose to heat or eat and to use foodbanks? No

I could go on, and on, and on, there is absolutely nothing to be proud of in being English and anyone decent person, not so afflicted by adverse CBT and so entrenched in it would point blank refuse to represent such a nation.

Good for us. Should drive him on a bit.