Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1316171819202122232425262728293033 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Yep - it is a kick in the teeth of sorts psychology speaking BUT a benefit for us.

I dread these international breaks

Gareth Southgate is a football genius.
    Pass it on.

Darn it Ian - we don’t want everybody knowing...

Let’s keep our powder dry until he is available for club management- then we can pounce

Let's hope Robbo manages to learn something from Tierney while on Scotland duty, Tierney is far FAR better than Robbo in his execution and delivery in those advanced positions Robbo is frequently so wasteful in

Tierney's assist for Scotland's third goal was a perfect example of disguise and shaping for all the world as if about to do onr thing to move defenders, before that snap last second change in the action to do something entirely different

He shaped for all the world as though he was going to cross or drill it across the six yard box to draw the defender in to cover that area and at the very last second snapped into a different shape to cut it back perfectly, always aware of where the man he wanted to find was and doing what he did to move the defender for that reason
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Trent was brilliant today, it was the best I've seen him all season and long may that continue

I'm glad Dick Nose Southgate left him out, he'd been coming into very good form anyway and his defending has improved massively this season, he shouldn't worry about or think about England anyway, the reality of his England situation is, Walker will always be ahead of him as a more defence minded, quicker, physical and aggressive RB because the CB's England have simply aren't good enough

If Hendo was fit for the Euro's to play CM and cover Trent's forays forward as he does for us, Trent would be number one, but England don't have another No6 with the game intelligence and understanding of Trent to do that either
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I've just watched a rerun on MOTD and Trent had a hand in all 3 goals.
    Not bad for the 4th best English right back !!!

And Danny Murphy agrees.

It just underlines that it’s not Trent who’s not good enough it’s Southgate

Also highlights how good he can be when he is totally focussed and really wants to perform.

He has been on decent form of late but last night he had the bit between his teeth. He was winning challenges he wouldn’t normally IMO.

Cheers Gareth...

Maybe Gareth had a point after all?🤣🤣🤣 trents still young and will be fine in the long run, what about Robbie? He's been shite, doesn't help mane on the left, both gone to shit