Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    You just don’t see it do you. To call somebody “the Greek fella “ is condescending. Nobody calls Virgil the Dutchie, nobody calls Mo the Egyptian unless followed by the suffix “ King” Nobody calls Andy Robertson “ The Scot “. I have said it previously nobody would use these condescending terms to the individuals if meeting them face to face ….so why do it here ?….baffling it has nothing whatsoever to do with confusion , simply respect for our players.

I would love to see what happened if you met Virgil in a room and said “ Hey Dutchie ..great performance today”
    They aren't condescending terms.

"The little Pharaoh .. king of Egypt..Minister of happiness.. The prostrators' Imam..The Arabs' pride .. The Scorpion" .. Titles stuck to his name. He lived as a traveler among nations,from a small village in Gharbia governorate to the swiss city of Basel,then to the british city of Fulham,then to Rome in Italy ,to finally settle in the British city of Liverpool.

Mohamed Salah or as the english prefer to call him "Mo Salah" wasn't just a football player,he finally managed to get Egypt back to the" world cup" mondial after an absence lasts for 28 years.He has become an Egyptian ,Arab and global icon.
    https://www.egyptiangeographic.com/en/news/show/380

Pretty sure Virgil would just say thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Maybe he can't spell the greek fellas name? I know i can't.
    I think Tsimi is a good pet name for the Greek lad

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    I think Tsimi is a good pet name for the Greek lad
    plate smasher! would be a good one as well.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Doménikos Theotokópoulos

….El Greco

Being serious though. seems we pulled another terrific signing out of the blue.. He will make the odd error here and there. all players do. but from what ive personally seen so far. He looks consistant and thats all that matters. And his crossing from wide looks good as well..

Come on huyrob - you ain’t as thick or ignorant as that potter clown.

You clearly know there is nothing wrong in using a nation state to identify a person. There is no positive or negative connotation beyond ones own prejudice.

So what are you really up to….?

The Greek is lad is going to put pressure on the Scot this season by the looks.

Yeah I agree justme, I’m just watching the full game from yesterday and while Konate looks to have some work to do, the plate smashing Greek fella is fitting in perfectly and as for the odd mistake, again you’re right, Robbo is great but he like all players still makes the odd mistake.

Yeah Miller and i love how he gets stuck in, Just like Robbo in that aspect. Mentioning Robertson when i watch highlights on the 4 nil Barca bashing in the champions semi final on Youtube.I love how Robbo flicks Messi in the back of the head.
    And the time he kicked Neymar.. We all know what Neymar does falls over with hardly any contact..So Robbo really kicked him on the touchline.

And mentioning Konata. He looked a bit shaky to begin with. but that was his first professional game for us.. And he had to learn how our back line plays and how to work with Fabinho.. When Fab goes forward.how to push forward himself and not allow to much space between midfield and defence. Its all a learning curve and that will come with games