Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

I honestly wouldn’t sweat over it.

The more he plays the more you will see his name or an abbreviated version used

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Watch out stevo, you'll make Klopp resign soon.
    So you accept it is an insult, or was this your attempt at sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I honestly wouldn’t sweat over it.

The more he plays the more you will see his name or an abbreviated version used
    Absolutely…..so at what point does this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    The conflation of the two words does indeed make the whole comment insulting. Sam chose to use the term German, he could have said soft manager, he knew what he was doing…( for once).
    Choosing words in isolation can be misleading, the circumstances in which they are said must be taken in to account. ( ask Suarez ! )
    We know this. The point is the nation state name German or in Tsimikas’s case Greek is not and putting ‘fella’ after it isn’t either.

Not for me or for others it seems. So again I don’t think it’s an issue

Absolutely…..so at what point does this happen?

Checking my crystal ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    We know this. The point is the nation state name German or in Tsimikas’s case Greek is not and putting ‘fella’ after it isn’t either.

Not for me or for others it seems. So again I don’t think it’s an issue
    Fair do’s . We'll agree to differ on that.

Thats it we will call him scorates
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

You know the way in life, if you know something annoys someone you just keep doing it just for a laugh ? The Greek fella it is 😆😆

Nice article but be honest it is written in admiring tones and in a totally different spectrum to describing someone as “ The Greek fella “
    The Greek fella seems fine to me. If he scores an own goal maybe people will call him the Greek cunt.
    Same way our opponents might just say, not that fucking Egyptian/Arab cunt again.

It's pretty simple Jota is a nice little portuguese fella.
    Bruno and ronny are dirty diving Portuguese tarts.

Of course , If you were talking to the person and knew their name then you would address them by that name. Again if you did not know Jurgens name then “ The Liverpool manager “ is fine, to use his nationality ie “The German Liverpool manager” whilst not necessary is not insulting.
    People on this forum who know the name of Kostas yet choose to refer to him as “ the Greek fella” is not a term of endearment, they are therefore,in my opinion being condescending and insulting.
    It appears that many are using the most convoluted arguments to justify their position rather than accepting they are in the wrong
    You're the only one on here who thinks the Greek fella is in anyway condescending or insulting.
    Seems particularly odd when just about every comment around the Greek fella is how well he has done, how he is rated as an asset now and possibly displacing robbo, our flying scott