Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    You're the only one on here who thinks the Greek fella is in anyway condescending or insulting.
    Seems particularly odd when just about every comment around the Greek fella is how well he has done, how he is rated as an asset now and possibly displacing robbo, our flying scott
    I may be the only one who has posted but that doesn’t mean there aren’t others who agree with me. In any event god help us if this forum and many of its posters constitute a an accurate picture of the average Liverpool supporter.
    I note that nobody has replied to my question as to whether they would use the same terms if in the company or face to face with Kostas or Virgil.

The Greek fella seems fine to me. If he scores an own goal maybe people will call him the Greek cunt.
    Same way our opponents might just say, not that fucking Egyptian/Arab cunt again.

It's pretty simple Jota is a nice little portuguese fella.
    Bruno and ronny are dirty diving Portuguese tarts.
    See the prefixes you use make all the difference!

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    You know the way in life, if you know something annoys someone you just keep doing it just for a laugh ? The Greek fella it is ����
    Fair enough. A life must be pretty devoid of humour if this behaviour has to be relied on to get a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by huyrob View Post
    See the prefixes you use make all the difference!
    Think that's what steveo was trying to bring to your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post

Thats it we will call him scorates
    Very good, almost a very apt spoonerism there!

I may be the only one who has posted but that doesn’t mean there aren’t others who agree with me. In any event god help us if this forum and many of its posters constitute a an accurate picture of the average Liverpool supporter.
    I note that nobody has replied to my question as to whether they would use the same terms if in the company or face to face with Kostas or Virgil.
    You’re looking for a problem where none exist.
    It clearly isn’t being used or intended to be used in a derogatory fashion.

Well seeing as you are the only one who has posted, I'll stick with saying you are the only one who sees it as you do.

What exactly do you mean by face to face ?

I'd like to think that in a face to face interaction, like cheering on the lads as they enter the pitch, that one of us not as good as you underlings would use the phrase go on you Greek God, or you beautiful Dutch bastard.

If you mean I get to meet them one on one for a chat and a stroll I'd call them by their first names.

But then the forum isn't an in person meeting place, it's a virtual realm for people to meet and share their thoughts.

This has come up before with the matchthreads n R4L. It's a rather boring discussion and one that really displays a lack of understanding as I see it.

Think that's what steveo was trying to bring to your attention.
    I know what he tried but, in my opinion failed for reasons of conflation hitherto explained.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    You’re looking for a problem where none exist.
    It clearly isn’t being used or intended to be used in a derogatory fashion.
    Then why not use the players name? Clearly….my arse!

Well seeing as you are the only one who has posted, I'll stick with saying you are the only one who sees it as you do.

What exactly do you mean by face to face ?

I'd like to think that in a face to face interaction, like cheering on the lads as they enter the pitch, that one of us not as good as you underlings would use the phrase go on you Greek God, or you beautiful Dutch bastard.

If you mean I get to meet them one on one for a chat and a stroll I'd call them by their first names.

But then the forum isn't an in person meeting place, it's a virtual realm for people to meet and share their thoughts.

This has come up before with the matchthreads n R4L. It's a rather boring discussion and one that really displays a lack of understanding as I see it.
    At last an acceptance. Do you not see the difference Greek God….Beautiful Dutch bastard………
    The Greek Fella…
    Ffs. Whether this is virtual or not , have some respect. I recall someone in a nasty response to me saying …..
    “ It doesn’t matter as this isn’t real “ Dear Oh dear perhaps posts should have a prefix determining whether they mean it in the real world or the strange ethereal world that some posters seem to think exists here.
    Thank you you are the first person to accept that if you met them you would use their first names.
    Seems laddish culture to use derogatory terms …..until. …..they become a favourite. So sad, predictable, childish, tribal and ….not nice !