Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm backing Robbo and Trent

it's like cue ball control in pool or snooker, not rocket science, you're just striking the ball to generate backspin with your foot and technique as you would strike a cue ball
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Mané is becoming one of my all time favourite reds player. In my top ten and climbing

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Continuing great form from both our full backs, but for fucks sake, Robbo needs to be adding goals, he really needs to practice his fucking shooting, gets it out of feet well enough, strides onto it, then leeeeeaaaaaaaaans back, HAND OVER the ball Robbo!, touch out of feet good, at that point pick your spot, stride onto it, plant your right foot next to the ball, left hand down, reaching over the ball so you're over the top of it, then whack it, top of the foot, lifting your knee in the action of striking it, as you strike it your head should come up looking at the spot you picked, you right hand come across for power and balance and your left hand will be pointing at the spot you picked as you finish the action
    This is actually wrong re arm position, surprised no-one pulled me up on it, if it's a shot across the face of goal to the far corner from the left, struck left footed, the right arm should point to the spot you've picked as part of the action, everything else the same with the right arm then coming across your body for balance and power when striking the ball and your left arm dropping to your side or swinging backwards.

If it's a shot to the bottom left or upper left corner as you go to reach over the ball the left arm should point to the spot you picked in the action of going to reach over the ball and everything else the same, how far you reach over the ball will determine the height you kick it with the right technique

I used to spend hours and hours and hours practicing different techniques of striking the ball with either foot, it wasn't until i'd been doing that for over a year I suddenly realised one day that my arms/hands were always pointing to where I wanted to put the ball at some point of the action and then after that, that I could then also disguise the action. To me developing technique is very simple, start with standing foot next to the ball, hand over the ball, everything starts from there

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Mané is becoming one of my all time favourite reds player. In my top ten and climbing
    He is brilliant and always working hard to get even better, my favourite of our front 3, selfless, all about the team, totally gets that making the right decision to make an assist is equally as valuable to the team as scoring a goal

Absolutely 19

I love all 3 to bits, don’t really have a favourite.

Sadio strikes me as an extremely humble guy - the kind of guy we would all love to be. Talk about a role model... Despite his enormous talent and footballers salary he is as down to earth as you can get.

For me - but for a little extra bit of composure - he would arguably be the best in the world..

There - I said it... Promised myself I wouldn’t but there it is...

We love these 3.
    So fuck racism
    And fuck brexshit

More assists and more goals Robbo and Trent

Fucking get in, both brilliant again today, Trent MOTM, 2 assists and a brilliant goal, more goals and assists though lads, Robbo, more goals and put that ball in early a few more times when you get it out of the left

Trent's more productive than salah, and more important.