Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Kylian Mbappé

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I disagree, he’s only 18
    Fair enough, if he was here next season do you think he'd be able to shine if given the chances.

When I saw him in red he looked pretty ready as a player, just didn't have the clinical end product at the senior level. Looks like hes developed that in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post

Incorrect as far as I am aware regarding Nike.
    We pay his wages.
    They are a third party, independent. They can give us money. They can give him money.
    Which part is incorrect about what I said regarding how our Nike relationship and the wage structure work?
    Especially as it seems you practically repeated what I laid out.

We pay (or would pay) Mbappe's wages if he were to come here. Not Nike.
    That wage amount would NOT be influenced by Nike or their deal with us.
    In other words, we wouldn't be paying Mbappe's wages, (directly or otherwise) using, or from the money we got or get from the Nike kit sponsorship deal.

Nike have a kit endorsement deal with us.
    They also have a separate personal endorsement deal with Mbappe and the two have nothing to do with each other.
    Mbappe's Nike deal will follow him to whichever team he chooses to play for, for the duration of the deal - regardless of whether that particular team is kitted by Nike or not.

would it be ideal for then (Nike) if he were to go play for a club that already has a Nike endorsement deal at club level? Of course it would. It goes without saying.
    Would that factor into whether the club actually buys or chooses to go for a particular player?
    Of course not. Or at least I would hope it doesn't factor into their decision as much.

One deal has nothing to do with the other.
    We didn't get the Nike kit deal in anticipation that it would enable us to sign on Nike-endorsed players anymore than Mbappe signed on with them for an endorsement deal on the supposition that he would be playing exclusively or even preferentially for Nike-kitted clubs.
    We have several players in our squad who DON'T have Nike endorsement deals but rather have deals with other sponsors including Nike's biggest rivals like Adidas and New Balance.
    You think those deals affect their contract negotiations with the club or wage levels with the club?
    It would be foolish to imagine that they are.
    You think that Salah would or should be earning more if only he had a Nike endorsement deal rather than his current Adidas deal? He is the highest wage earner at the club even without a Nike deal.
    What do you think effected that?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    They might well incentivise his moving here as being a top NIKE asset they would benefit from seeing him at a Nike club in the biggest broadcast league in the world. Mbappe is a top representative they will care about him more.
    Not often spoken about by journos, but Graham hunter iirc has covered it before.
    This is nonsense.
    Him moving here might benefit Nike from the standpoint of brand-synergy cross-marketing, but not to the degree that they would have influence in pushing him to choose us or some other Nike-endorsed club over any other non-Nike options he might prefer to move to.

And on the flip side of that, we're not getting any more money in our Nike deal just because we happen to land one of their big clients as our player.
    Both deals are set in stone independent of what happens in terms of where he moves and how.

I think we can all agree that regardless of Zidane's departure, Real Madrid are still the most likely top destination for him if he were to choose to leave PSG, this or next summer.

You want to hazard a guess as to whom Real Madrid's Kit sponsors are?
    I'll give you a hint:
    Not Nike.

And if he does choose to make that move, whom do you think Mbappe's endorsement deal will STILL be with?
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    Which part is incorrect about what I said regarding how our Nike relationship and the wage structure work?

In other words, we wouldn't be paying Mbappe's wages, (directly or otherwise) using, or from the money we got or get from the Nike kit sponsorship deal.

They also have a separate personal endorsement deal with Mbappe and the two have nothing to do with each other.
    Mbappe's Nike deal will follow him to whichever team he chooses to play for, for the duration of the deal - regardless of whether that particular team is kitted by Nike or not.

would it be ideal for then (Nike) if he were to go play for a club that already has a Nike endorsement deal at club level? Of course it would. It goes without saying.
    Would that factor into whether the club actually buys or chooses to go for a particular player?
    Of course not. Or at least I would hope it doesn't factor into their decision as much.

We didn't get the Nike kit deal in anticipation that it would enable us to sign on Nike-endorsed players anymore than Mbappe signed on with them for an endorsement deal on the supposition that he would be playing exclusively or even preferentially for Nike-kitted clubs.
    We have several players in our squad who DON'T have Nike endorsement deals but rather have deals with other sponsors including Nike's biggest rivals like Adidas and New Balance.
    You think those deals affect their contract negotiations with the club or wage levels with the club?
    You think that Salah would or should be earning more if only he had a Nike endorsement deal rather than his current Adidas deal? He is the highest wage earner at the club even without a Nike deal.

This is nonsense.
    Him moving here might benefit Nike from the standpoint of brand-synergy cross-marketing, but not to the degree that they would have influence in pushing him to choose us or some other Nike-endorsed club over any other non-Nike options he might prefer to move to.

And on the flip side of that, we're not getting any more money in our Nike deal just because we happen to land one of their big clients as our player.
    Both deals are set in stone independent of what happens in terms of where he moves and how.

I think we can all agree that regardless of Zidane's departure, Real Madrid are still the most likely top destination for him if he were to choose to leave PSG, this or next summer.

I'll give you a hint:
    Not Nike.

And if he does choose to make that move, whom do you think Mbappe's endorsement deal will STILL be with?
    The money we get from Nike is part of our revenue, as such it would go to paying all our players wages in part.

Nike pay their top brand ambassadors huge money. Ronny iirc joining Jordan in receiving a billion dollars as a Nike ambassador.
    Mbappe is an heir apparent for these types of ambassadorial roles.

If mbappe joins us he could well be incentivised in doing so by Nike, who would rather see him at a Nike club than another club with adidas. They are allowed to pay him more as is the case with any contract.

The difference between us and city/psg is that these are natural wants of the independent parties involved.
    We dont own Nike, and vice versa. We're not using a company of ours to subvert ffp.
    That is the clear distinction between us and them.

With regards to Salah, that is a different scenario.
    Salah boosts us as a team obviously and as such he helps Nike out too by getting us into next years cl. Same way Ronny boosted real/Adidas.
    They wont be putting any pressure on us to sell Salah. They wont be putting pressure on us to sign Nike players only.
    But where circumstances arise, especially with one of their top reps like mbappe, they will be gently pushing him towards us over real. With a likely incentive to reward or persuade him, as it benefits them.

In mbappes case hes mostly speculated with a move to LFC or Madrid.
    Nike an independent third party have an interest in where he goes.
    If mbappe is dead set on joining Madrid it wont be a case of Nike forcing him to lfc, but there is room for persuasion/incentive otherwise.

His recent presser was he is looking for a project. To be an integral part of that project.
    If hes looking for a project over his next stint he might want to have a look at the stability of the manager he will be signing for.
    None more stable than klopp in his position.
    He admired Klopp and ZZ. If psg sign ZZ that could see him stay at PSG.
    But I think he needs to get out of ligue1 to develop as a baller.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see ZZ take he french hob after the euros, he could of course be managing a club side soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post

This is nonsense.

I'll give you a hint:
    Not Nike.

I personally agree with all you were saying ..except this..... if the people with the big bucks want something to happen they find a way.....City got in trouble but they are dtill top of the league again.....

What is to stop Nike saying .....we will give you a mega 200 grand a week contract on top of tge 200 the football club pays you????? .. in my opinion this is the only way it could possibly happen and if that were the case it would probably destabilise the team anyway..........if he doesn't care about the money and he just wants to be a legend .....thats a different stiry

Not only was he diving like a swan against Wales, now hes arguing with Giroud about the ball not being passed to him.He appears to have a huge ego.I woudnt touch him with a million foot bargepole
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Very good player but massively overrated for me.

Were Jurgen to want to sign him, I'm quite sure that Nike could pay him whatever they wanted as part of their sponsorship of MBappe to make up for any cut in club wages he'd need to take
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Were Jurgen to want to sign him, I'm quite sure that Nike could pay him whatever they wanted as part of their sponsorship of MBappe to make up for any cut in club wages he'd need to take
    No chance nailed on he either stays at PSG $$$$ or he goes to Madrid.

IF you give him £300-400k a week what do you think the agents of all our best players will do ?

I'm very confident we arent in for Mbappe Haaland Sancho the fees and wages are just off the scale for us.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    No chance nailed on he either stays at PSG $$$$ or he goes to Madrid.

IF you give him £300-400k a week what do you think the agents of all our best players will do ?

I'm very confident we arent in for Mbappe Haaland Sancho the fees and wages are just off the scale for us.
    As my post you replied to stated, he could actually take a pay cut to come to Anfield if he really wanted to and Nike could pay him more to make up for that because as our kit sponsor, it would be in their interests
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I wouldn't want Sancho anyway, he can't nail down a regular spot in an average England side.