Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Kylian Mbappé

Quote Originally Posted by dicko1969 View Post
    Disagree
    Mbappé is a humble very mature guy.
    The problem is PSG; it is toxic and it is too easy league.

Mbappé needs a bigger challenge and proper manager.
    I don't rate him as world class because the league he plays in isn't as competitive as the top leagues and he plays in a team that has a massive advantage over all the others, I do rate him as an exceptional talent who has the wow factor and the capability to score incredibly special goals out of nowhere and agree he needs to move to a top top league, the Premier League, under a top top manager Jurgen Klopp, if he is to become truly world class and put himself in the Ronaldo (Brazil) Messi or Ronaldo bracket of forwards
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    Werner is cheaper and so cant be sniffed at. But hes not as good, less room for Klopp to improve him imo and ultimately doesnt have the commercial appeal to develop the club financially off the pitch. Saying that hed be a great enough addition.
    But are you overlooking Jurgen wanting to get the very best young German lads in and used to his system for when he goes on to become the German manager in 2025?

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    He's been part of two very succesful teams in Monaco & France. He's a great egg by many accounts. Fabinho approves the concept of landing Mbappe so theres his opinion on his adaptability to life at lfc.
    In general it looks bad reacting the way he did, we've seen it with Ox and a bloodthirsty Mane this season. More talented than Couts and Sterling who had bigger strops here by a way imo looking for a move.
    But I wouldnt underplay Tommy Tuchels role in the controversy. He'd a similar incident a month earlier with Tuchels and this latest one played out poorly for him/Tommy imo.
    Mbappe wants away, I can't blame him tbh.

That's exactly what I'm on about and believe he is way ahead of Werner on this count imo.

On transfermarkt- Mbappe is valued at €200million and Werner at €75million. Their value isnt based on release/clause or duration of contract left. Age is a factor on market value but neither are struggling with age.

That's fair enough, I disagree obviously. Same way I dont believe landing Virgil 2 years ago now, has rocked the boat in anyway. Our 2 fullbacks and front 3 wages are enough proof of that reality imo. With Mbappe I get the reply of hes not a vital addition.
    But for me that's irrelevant, the worlds best centreforward and soon to be dominant global star for the coming decade by most metrics is potentially available now. If so we move and seal the deal. People look at the Virgil fee or the Alisson fee fondly now and I think people would do similar with Mbappe.
    It also comes down to where you want or think the club is headed. Do you want it to stay with the niche New Balance or move on with Nike.
    Do you want it to be the biggest revenue generating Club in the pl and thereafter world football. Or do you want it to be more of an underdog worrying about the financial power of other bigger clubs.
    Deloitte - a good bit to play for yet this season, suspect us, city or both of us could overtake united this season in terms of revenue generated.
    If United don't make the top4 this season, the next season when our Nike deal is on the books I suspect we'll be the biggest revenue generating club in the UK. Cl ko stages play a big part.
    Thereafter - we'd be looking at a post-messi barca and a real madrid in transition and aiming for top revenue generating club in world football. In terms of commercial appeal Mbappe represents a unique selling point.

I dont think we'll break 200 million for him, which is a concern as real would do by a lot more than us.
    We have our target go, Lfc or no one as with Vvd. We deal with the club and settle a fee.

Mbappe leads Werner on talent, goals and assists, experience at the top level and in terms of Klopp and what he can add to a player theres far more appeal in signing Mbappe than Werner imo.

Werner is cheaper and so cant be sniffed at. But hes not as good, less room for Klopp to improve him imo and ultimately doesnt have the commercial appeal to develop the club financially off the pitch. Saying that hed be a great enough addition.
    In terms of global revenue, ruling the roost globally on and off the pitch and making LFC THE team long term every player dreams of going to in place for Barcelona and Real, MBappe is the one we need

CCTV I get what you are saying my opinion is we just don’t have the money to fund him and Klopp did say this not at current value.

I know you say Transfermarkt value Werner at £75m euros but it isn’t them who decide the fee it is his club and they would ask for more I also think Mbappe is likely to go for between £220-250m.

VVD also didn’t walk into us on the biggest wages he has had to earn the right for that.

I’d have no problem if Mbappe joined and was on the highest wage of say £200k a week but at £400k it will mean players like Mane, Firmino, Salah,VVD and Alisson would want huge increases.

Real Madrid are dodgy as hell anyway they get into debt and get the country to bail them out we wouldn’t have that luxury if it went wrong and Henry/Werner certainly wouldn’t risk that.

I do agree Mbappe is the best young player out there and will baring injury win the ballon d’or.

It'll only happen if there's some kind of Nike involvement, no way we'll pay that fee or those wages Nike really won't want him wearing Adidas at Real though

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    In terms of global revenue, ruling the roost globally on and off the pitch and making LFC THE team long term every player dreams of going to in place for Barcelona and Real, MBappe is the one we need
    Trent and Kylian both just turned 21 would set us up nicely alright

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    CCTV I get what you are saying my opinion is we just don’t have the money to fund him and Klopp did say this not at current value.

I know you say Transfermarkt value Werner at £75m euros but it isn’t them who decide the fee it is his club and they would ask for more I also think Mbappe is likely to go for between £220-250m.

VVD also didn’t walk into us on the biggest wages he has had to earn the right for that.

I’d have no problem if Mbappe joined and was on the highest wage of say £200k a week but at £400k it will mean players like Mane, Firmino, Salah,VVD and Alisson would want huge increases.

Real Madrid are dodgy as hell anyway they get into debt and get the country to bail them out we wouldn’t have that luxury if it went wrong and Henry/Werner certainly wouldn’t risk that.

I do agree Mbappe is the best young player out there and will baring injury win the ballon d’or.
    I think £160-180max would be a fair offer for a player of his quality whose heart is set on only red with 2 years remaining on his contract. Anything extra maybe add ons and some we'd not mind paying out on.

Pretty sure our contracts are incentivised too, player metrics, team metrics & titles. So in theory it could be a £200-250kpw wage....

If this great team added Mbappe things will look after themselves

Werner and Sanho = Mbappe

Also

Salah + Firmino + Mane + VVD + Wijnaldum = Mbappe

There's absolutely no way we're spunking that kind of cash on a player we essentially don't need and whose value is never going to be higher than it is today. Something similar likely applies to Sancho.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Massively overpriced player. Super fast and powerful he also seems level headed but he has a long way to go yet to be worth even close to what it would take.

Possibly makes sense to the shysters at NIKE but IMO the signing would make no footballing sense at all. Huge fees and gigantic salary - potentially upsetting the team dynamic and for what? A player who is yet to prove he is the equal of a certain Mo Salah?

Don’t get me wrong - I would love him here if he could be brought in in a similar way that Mo was BUT the fee and media buz around any such deal would be hugely detrimental IMO