Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Kylian Mbappé

My own insignificant opinion is that there is absolutely zero chance, that’s absolute ZERO chance of either Haaland or MBappe rocking up for pre season at Anfield.

And I really don’t know why everyone appears to be clamouring for 18 year old Harvey Elliott to be at Anfield as a bit part domestic cup squad player next season, when competitive game time is obviously what he needs to develop his game while he develops physically and mentally.
    Another loan with a better side than Blackburn Rovers will surely be on the cards.

Wouldn’t we love either but do think it fanciful.

On Elliot..Need to find a Premier league side willing to take the gamble on him and offer a genuine first team opportunity. It would be bad for him as much mentally as physically - to go on loan and not play.

Tricky one for all parties to be fair

Lots of links to Raphinha but where would he play? Not seen enough of him to know where his best position is.

Not sure but would keep Salah on his toes... Realistic to assume Mo could get back to the 40 marker (ratio at least) with a little push.

You do need an army of players to compete on more than one front consistently.

It’s why our performance in the domestic cups has been so completely dire in comparison to City’s. It’s not about Klopp’s disinterest, he hasn’t had the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    My own insignificant opinion is that there is absolutely zero chance, that’s absolute ZERO chance of either Haaland or MBappe rocking up for pre season at Anfield.

And I really don’t know why everyone appears to be clamouring for 18 year old Harvey Elliott to be at Anfield as a bit part domestic cup squad player next season, when competitive game time is obviously what he needs to develop his game while he develops physically and mentally.
    Another loan with a better side than Blackburn Rovers will surely be on the cards.
    MBopp as if LOL if he wants to come and fight for his place and work within our Wage structure......because he believes in Klopp and Liverpool Football Club all well and good .....but what are the chances of that......lol.....

the only thing i could see it happening is if we pay the 200 in wages and Nike give him a massive contract.....
    Last edited by shminkyred; 4th June 2021 at 12:13 PM.

But but but - you never know....

...perhaps the chance to play for Sir John of Henryshire may be alluring to the point of sheer madness?

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    All of this assumes two things:
    That he actually wants to move and leave PSG (and Ligue 1).
    And that he's told PSG he has no intention of signing an extension.

Assumptions based on exactly NOTHING.
    Nobody knows anything about where his head is regarding his future, and all the talk (read :delusional fantasy) that he wants to come to us are nothing more than (LFC) fan-based wishful thinking on the basis of some anodyne comment he once made about our club - which is about on the same level as any garden variety complimentary comment that any one of a million players before him have said about the club.

I also love how you came up with that 90 million figure like its where PSG would absolutely land on where they would not risk losing him for nothing.
    They could decide tomorrow that they're fine not letting him go for anything less than 150 million this summer if anyone expresses interest, and if they don't get that much, then they're fine losing him for nothing.
    They're a rich enough club to be able to take such a stance.

You do realize that Nike doesn't actually pay the players wages, regardless of how big that outfit deal is, right?
    That's not now these endorsement deals work at all.

The deal is with the club, and it's the club that pays players' wages based on their own revenue stream versus overhead/expenses books.

At best, the Nike deal means we can afford bigger wages for bigger name star players, but it doesn't mean a sliding scale for opening the tap to pay an outrageous wage that's out of our structure and completely messes our balance books.
    Again, Nike doesn't pay the players. They likely have a separate deal with him for endorsing him which would follow him to whichever club he goes to and likewise doesn't count as part of his wages, while still being a part of his overall income. It's the same for any player with an endorsement deal with Nike or anyone else.
    Nike wouldn't be an extra incentive for anyone to come here anymore than it would be an extra help to us to be able to afford them.

You know where the Nike deal actually helps the club? It's in things like paying of any debt associated with expanding Anfield, for example. Or overseas pre-season trips (during times when those things are possible).

Sure, you could play around with the books and numbers to help fund high player wages thanks to money coming in from such endorsement deals. But .........that's literally EXACTLY what the blue Mancs got in trouble with UEFA for that got them banned (before it was rescinded by CAS). Not to mention the tax trouble with the govt. you risk getting yourself into by cooking books like that and playing funny maths with numbers like that.

There's a good reason you have a wage structure as a club and stick to it as much as possible - especially when you're not an oil-baron or Emirati-funded club.
    These assumptions were touched on, as said if I were him I'd be looking to the pl or la liga.
    Hes not signed a contract yet and PSG have made many offers.
    He could sign up with them but it's hardly an outlandish claim to suggest hes looking for pastures new

Mbappe spoke about a week ago about his future, what he wants and what would be his priorities.
    Hes always done this respectfully enough imo which shows a bit of class and brains.

PSG could keep him for his final year and forego any fee as posted in that post. This would be beneficial in regards ffp.
    It's why being respectful enough is smart, imo, you wont force the hands of these types of owners Ala bad back Phil or stroppy sterling

Of course his fee is speculation, what goes worth against the time left on his contract. 90 mill would seem appropriate in terms of a fee imo given the situation.

Incorrect as far as I am aware regarding Nike.
    We pay his wages.
    They are a third party, independent. They can give us money. They can give him money.

They might well incentivise his moving here as being a top NIKE asset they would benefit from seeing him at a Nike club in the biggest broadcast league in the world. Mbappe is a top representative they will care about him more.
    Not often spoken about by journos, but Graham hunter iirc has covered it before. Regarding coutinho

City/PSG have gotten in trouble as they have used their own non third party actors to pay players salaries, and overpaid for sponsorship deals. Fsg negotiate with Nike, they aren't in control of Nike.
    City had internal emails showing their other companies were not acting independently.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post

If Elliot is in the class bracket we think/hope he is, then he should be here next season.
    Hes 18, needs to get and take his chances here next season.

If hes sent out on loan again, imo that would mean theres a better chance of his future being elsewhere than at LFC. Another Wilson, Kent, Grujic

I disagree, he’s only 18