Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Yeah he was fine Sid trained for 5-6 days.

I doubt Klopp would risk him if he wasnt ready id maybe select Adrian in the week.

We’ve done pretty well to have only conceded 1 goal and that a dubious penalty in the first 2 games without Virgil and Joel Matip

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yeah he was fine Sid trained for 5-6 days.

I doubt Klopp would risk him if he wasnt ready id maybe select Adrian in the week.
    Don't think he would either, given the sports science background, though he has referred to players playing through pain before and I always (with injury) massively err on the side of caution.

Delighted he is back and fit. We weathered the Adrian storm and hopefully Thiago and Matip are quick to rejoin the fold to further bolster things.

A very successful season is entirely likely if we knuckle down.

I absolutely love Big Bear, his reading of the game, positioning and decision making is exemplary and i always feel incredibly relaxed and confident when he's between the sticks, he has a remarkable talent for making difficult things which test most other keepers look routine
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

We'd still be stuck on 18 titles if we hadn't signed him and Van Dijk.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Nah Bogdan was much better!
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    We’ve done pretty well to have only conceded 1 goal and that a dubious penalty in the first 2 games without Virgil and Joel Matip
    I'll be honest and admit i think it is hugely disrespectful to all our players to start fucking about with the system and throwing the baby out with the bath water because Virgil's injured, we knock our other CB options at times because we have Virgil and they're not as good as him, but no-one else is and our 3 are still a fuck site better than the CBs of most other Prem clubs

Plus in that 20 odd game spell last season our team press was absolutely incredible and most opponents barely got a look at our defence, why aren't the powers at be and the fabled analysis team looking at what made that press and counter press virtually impenetrable for 20 odd games and working on that instead of fucking around with what made us Premier League Champions League and World Club Cup champions?

The press is best orchestrated by Henderson when fit, he hasn’t really been fit for some time, he’s been in and out and not been at full steam too often

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    The press is best orchestrated by Henderson when fit, he hasn’t really been fit for some time, he’s been in and out and not been at full steam too often
    I know that, but you have to feel the most experienced players should be capable of doing it, Millie and Thiago for example when he's not available or fully fit, i think at times we do need more communication and players to let each other know verbally and visually (eg pointing) where they need to be and where the danger is, there was a lot more of that from all the players in the 18-19 season than last seas when it was mostly from Hendo and also from Millie and Robbo if not nearly as much

In 18-19 for example Virgil was reading the game for Gomez/Lovren and Trent a lot of the time and frequently pointing where the danger was to them as he went to deal with the immediate threat his side, there was hardly any of it last season

Gini plays the press really well with Hendo but he doesn't seem to communicate it to other players

A Monster against City.