Thread: Your team v Burnley

Your team v Burnley

Hello! Hello! Here we go!!!!

........................Alisson

Trent.......Phillips....Williams...Robertson

.......................Fabinho

.........Wijnaldum........Thiago

.....Salah.........Firmino......Mane
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

Alisson.......Alisson....Alisson...Alisson

.......................Alisson

.........Alisson........Thiago

.....Salah.........Alisson......Alisson

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Hello! Hello! Here we go!!!!

........................Adrian

Trent.......Phillips....Williams...Robertson

.......................Fabinho

.........Wijnaldum........Thiago

.....Salah.........Alisson......Mane
    It has to happen !!

Quote Originally Posted by SydneyLFC View Post

Alisson.......Alisson....Alisson...Alisson

.......................Alisson

.........Alisson........Thiago

.....Salah.........Alisson......Alisson
    Bit harsh on Trent & Philips

I was just happy and venting at the same time. We can't expect a "happy ending" like that if we play the last two games as poorly.

Thats the beauty of football no two games are ever the same.

Kabak and Jota now won’t feature for the next two games 😞

The analysis team and the coaches for starters

Analysis team to forensically look at all Burnley's games, identify how they look to counter, which player(s) are their main outlets to look to release their forwards on the counter and where they look to clear the ball to from set pieces and work on our lads being right on top of all of that for a starters, high fucking time we got back to the absolute brilliance of defending while attacking we displayed in that 15 game run last season, with players not involved in attacks getting themselves in brilliant positions making sure the opposition outlets are covered while also being in a position to join the attack if the opportunity to make a telling contribution to it arises

To also look at how they have been stretched and opened up in all their games and especially those in which they've looked to park the bus

Another quick turn around so no real time to work on anything, but briefing players on doing this and who to do it to

Thiago, the master of the no look and the only one of our players who has the disguise I'm always banging on about, sets the ball with his touch goes through the technique of appearing to be taking a shot for instance, changing his technique of how he actually plays the ball at the very last split second delivering a totally untelegraphed, unexpected no look pass to a different area.

Defintiely something to try v PTB teams, Thiago's final shot today, if he had done just this, slipping his no look pass towards the penalty spot, Bobby would have had a tap in, he'd made the run and with defenders coming across to look to block the shot moving away from Bobby leaving the gap, a player of Thiago's ability easily could have fooled them all and slipped Bobby in, need to try 2 or 3 of those when Thiago's in that advanced shooting position centre of inside right, need to look to find him there for that too

Compressing play on our left then going to Thiago central to release Trent wide right worked really well, compressing play on our right then going to Thiago to switch immediately to our left will also work
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

I would really be tempted to put Fabinho back to CB with Phillips. Williams is just not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    I would really be tempted to put Fabinho back to CB with Phillips. Williams is just not up to it.
    After he caused Big Bear Legend Alisson to concede the penalty in the first game, no thanks you very much, after a great start, he became and bigger liability there than Williams is

Although in my ideal world we can't really afford to have a destroyer at No6 who constantly charges into situations focused entirely on the ball and leaving players wide open and an easy option and get out for the player with the ball who was otherwise boxed in with nowhere to go, it isn't such a massive issue when we have Van Dijk and Matip or soon to be Van Dijk and Konate at CB, because both CBs are exceptional at spotting the danger and the holes he leaves and frequently step into midfield to challenge and dispossess forwards when he does it

I'd sooner we work with Fab on defending while we're attacking and picking up the opposition players he needs to be, while also putting himself in a position to quickly join the attack in the event he can make a telling contribution with an opportunity to shoot or a one touch poke through the channel AND work with him on the destroyer instantly want to charge to where the ball is rather than staying with the player who is the biggest threat if he leaves him issue, with a fucking cattle prod if necessary
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”