Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2427282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Pope is pretty poor with his feet mind and the way we play he needs to be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Pope is pretty poor with his feet mind and the way we play he needs to be pretty good.
    I think he is pretty good with his feet. Remember he is playing for Burnley and is called into action far more often.
    His career and learning curve and desire to improve has been quite extraordinary.
    English too.
    Deserves a better team.

Alisson has had covid, his dad died last month, and he has had twenty different centre back pairings in front of him this season. I wouldn't worry about him.

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    Alisson has had covid, his dad died last month, and he has had twenty different centre back pairings in front of him this season. I wouldn't worry about him.
    I accept those circumstances but Alison has never impressed me as a goalie who can pull off those athletic saves. He is/was good at standing big.

But he doesn't need to pull off athletic dives, because his positioning is really good. think Napoli, or those saves he made against Barcelona.

I think we are too quick to right players off, especially in this season of all seasons. Mane, Firmino, Allison, Robbo, Trent amongst those who have had poor seasons by their standards and have been openly criticised, but they don’t turn to shite overnight. All will be back again next season and have performed bloody miracles the last 2 years, it was inevitable there was going to be a drop off.

Off all of them the most worrying is Bobby, been so integral in our play for so long but has been so poor for quite a long time now, if that form doesn’t return then a replacement and a change of style will be needed.
    If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigsy View Post
    I think we are too quick to right players off, especially in this season of all seasons. Mane, Firmino, Allison, Robbo, Trent amongst those who have had poor seasons by their standards and have been openly criticised, but they don’t turn to shite overnight. All will be back again next season and have performed bloody miracles the last 2 years, it was inevitable there was going to be a drop off.

Off all of them the most worrying is Bobby, been so integral in our play for so long but has been so poor for quite a long time now, if that form doesn’t return then a replacement and a change of style will be needed.
    I think mane has been worse than Bobby. Bobby’s general play is pretty decent. He’s just lost his way totally in front of goal which was never his strength anyway. Mane looks completely lost.

Yes he does. Those top corner shots.
    That is the mark of a top class keeper.
    That is where a top class strike aims for.
    I rate Alison but he is not as great as people make out. I honestly believe Pope is better and would shine for us.

I absolutely love Big Bear, not just because he's an exceptional keeper. because like so many of our other lads, he is an absolutely exceptional person
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”