Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1518192021222324252627282930313235 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Adrian wasn't responsible for 6 of the 7, but his mistake kick starts everything. 0-0 and 1-0 is a different picture and confidence booster for a smaller team. When you have a keeper that is shaky you shoot more, cross more etc. Also that 1 incident where Watkins hit the post where Adrian went AWOL that is so disconcerting.

We went on a run with Adrian but let us not make it as if it was because of him. Adrian knocked us out of 2 cups last season, made other mistakes that not all were punished in the games that he played. He is shite no one will convince me otherwise. Karius and Mignolet might have been better.
    And you'll never convince me that Karius or Mignolet may have been better.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by HLOGI View Post
    Adrian wasn't responsible for 6 of the 7, but his mistake kick starts everything. 0-0 and 1-0 is a different picture and confidence booster for a smaller team. When you have a keeper that is shaky you shoot more, cross more etc. Also that 1 incident where Watkins hit the post where Adrian went AWOL that is so disconcerting.

We went on a run with Adrian but let us not make it as if it was because of him. Adrian knocked us out of 2 cups last season, made other mistakes that not all were punished in the games that he played. He is shite no one will convince me otherwise. Karius and Mignolet might have been better.
    I didn't say or argue that he was, nor was anyone even making that claim - nor would anyone even logically argue as much.

But to sit there and act as if he wasn't manning the posts in that period (when we were unbeaten) and he wasn't a significant part of that run when we had the best defensive record in the league with the fewest goals conceded, is equally disingenuous and smacks of trying to magnify his faults to be bigger than they really are, while at the same time diminishing the faults and responsibilities of others.

Who was in goal when we lost 3-0 to Watford (and subsequently our unbeaten run)? Adrian?
    Who was in goal when we got bummed 4-0 to City after the restart? Adrian?
    Why isn't that guy getting the same amount of stick?

Probably because you have enough perspective and honesty to acknowledge what that guy (who was in goal for those games) normally brings in every other game when the rest of the team isn't having a bad day at the office themselves.
    Why and how is it any different with Adrian?

You're seriously going to tell me that his 1 blunder and error leading to that goal was so impactful and traumatizing and largely to blame for our 7 goal defeat (by claiming it set the tone) ......as if we haven't fought back from 1-0 down deficits before?

THIS SEASON?
    THE GAME just BEFORE this one a week prior?
    Seriously?

If an early goalkeeping blunder leading to a terrible goal is such a massive blow to our team's psyche that we're incapable of coming back from that, then,......even putting aside Klopp's "Mentality monsters" moniker,.....let's just pack it in.
    We're done.
    As a team and as so-called 'champions'.

OR.....

We could appreciate the fact that after he made that blunder (and save for a shaky moment or two including the one you mentioned) he was largely solid for the rest of the game - including a couple of point-blank stops on one-on-one's after the defense feel asleep over and over - which is far more than you can say for other players in the outfield who started out badly and finished badly.

Also, if Mignolet or Karius were better than him, they'd STILL be here.
    We went and bought Allisson because they were both provably shite.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    And you'll never convince me that Karius or Mignolet may have been better.
    It's the worst kind of delusional revisionist thinking to make such an outrageous claim like he's just done.

I doubt either Mignolet or Karius save the two one-on-one saves that Adrian saved in that game and I could easily have seen us conceding in double digits with either of them in goal.

With Allison maybe we lost 5-2 or 4-2.
    With Adrian we lost 7-2

With Mignolet or Karius you start the bidding at 9-2 or 11-2 and work your way up from there.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Dynasty View Post
    It's the worst kind of delusional revisionist thinking to make such an outrageous claim like he's just done.

I doubt either Mignolet or Karius save the two one-on-one saves that Adrian saved in that game and I could easily have seen us conceding in double digits with either of them in goal.

With Allison maybe we lost 5-2 or 4-2.
    With Adrian we lost 7-2

With Mignolet or Karius you start the bidding at 9-2 or 11-2 and work your way up from there.
    Indeed Crimson, there's a reason why they were both binned.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Worrying that he has a shoulder injury.
    Hope he fully recovers and it does not affect him mentally like it appeared to do so with Reina's double hernia.

Thank fuck Big bear Allison is back between the sticks, we'd have got beat tonight were he not
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Thank fuck Big bear Allison is back between the sticks, we'd have got beat tonight were he not
    Not seen the match - did he have to make a bunch of diving saves or more a collection of dealing with crosses or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    Not seen the match - did he have to make a bunch of diving saves or more a collection of dealing with crosses or what?
    He was just Big bear Allison, commanding, in charge, reading everything , making things look easy that might well have been a real problem had it been Adrian rather than him in goal
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Insidious View Post
    He gave the defence more confidence generally first few mins Sheff Utd had 3/4 players on him on a corner he came out get a good punch on it possibly tactics they thought would work on Adrian.

He had one "moment" in 60th min nearly got caught on the ball when it went back to him.

Glad he is back he gives us a lift.

Thanks lads.

So he looked alright then. My one worry about the speed of his recovery was the idea of him being rushed back - given the length of a season if he was only at 80% I'd rather risk the 3 points and give the extra week (speaking in generalities) than possibly have an aggravation and him be sidelined for 6 weeks.

So glad he's back. Was very keen for him to get a couple of games before City and we'll be seeing that!