Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Absolutely, I've no idea why the commentators were trying to paint the second goal as an Alisson error, the error or rather lack of understanding of what Alisson was communicating to him was from Kabak's, they've commentated on enough Liverpool games to know Alisson plays sweeper keeper constantly and that when he makes that call and is coming our other defenders damned well know he's coming and get the fuck out of the way
    Did alisson call? Klopp said he didn't hear a call from him.
    Kabak being new, doesn't fully know alisson, but if the keeper is coming that far there needs to be a huge call from him.
    If there is no call, this one is on alisson not kabak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Absolutely, I've no idea why the commentators were trying to paint the second goal as an Alisson error, the error or rather lack of understanding of what Alisson was communicating to him was from Kabak's, they've commentated on enough Liverpool games to know Alisson plays sweeper keeper constantly and that when he makes that call and is coming our other defenders damned well know he's coming and get the fuck out of the way
    But it was his fault.

He is a top class keeper end of.

With a high line you need a keeper who is alert and sweeps up, yesterday it went badly wrong it happens.

He did close them down twice in the first half by putting pressure on Vardy if that was Adrian or Mig they would be on their line.

There is a time to play sweeper keeper.

When your central defender is under no pressure at all and has it covered isn’t the right time.

Class keeper but was at fault yesterday and against city and cost us valuable points.

Quote Originally Posted by LFC-DPG View Post
    There is a time to play sweeper keeper. When your central defender is under no pressure at all and has it covered isn’t the right time.

Class keeper but was at fault yesterday and against city.
    Yes I agree he was.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    Yes I agree he was.
    Everyone is scratching around looking for scapegoats each week. The last 2 games Alisson has made some key errors. He has bailed us time and time again.

You won’t hear too many citing the games where we took 3 points directly off the back of Alissons match winning saves. The talk is when he makes a mistake - or as in the last 2 - a few.

It’s a worry no doubt - as we have become a more pragmatic side since his signing, attacking with less abandon. Yesterday - I thought we were superb - last 15 apart. Should have scored more goals - so should the Foxes tbf.

Dropping Alisson or putting Hendo back in the middle - neither will be a magic fix. Might win a couple again. Like Spurs and WH.. but the confidence is not what it was. The team has lost its mojo. It’s belief - seems to have coincided with the sad demise of Klopp’s mother. Surely people can see the link now.?

The true reason for the success - and it was never data analytics- it was never Edwards and his genius transfer dealings. The value of the squad is all to do with the success - the success is almost entirely down to one man. Jurgen Klopp. His ability to make players like Robbo look twice as good as they actually are. Ditto Trent - Hendo - Milner - Bobby and others. When Klopp isn’t on it - nor are his team.

Insert name for the next calamity. To the sound of Que Sera, Sera

Will it be Oxlade - Shaqiri or Trent - we’ll have to wait and see.

I agree Steveo and he made errors last few games but the whole team has over the season.

The funny thing is if the social media got there way and he was dropped they will see the name ADRIAN as the keeper.

I dont want to see that if honest !

Adrian played his part last season regardless of what people say and I hope he gets himself a move to a club in Spain and enjoys his last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Everyone is scratching around looking for scapegoats each week. The last 2 games Alisson has made some key errors. He has bailed us time and time again.

You won’t hear too many citing the games where we took 3 points directly off the back of Alissons match winning saves. The talk is when he makes a mistake - or as in the last 2 - a few.

It’s a worry no doubt - as we have become a more pragmatic side since his signing, attacking with less abandon. Yesterday - I thought we were superb - last 15 apart. Should have scored more goals - so should the Foxes tbf.

Dropping Alisson or putting Hendo back in the middle - neither will be a magic fix. Might win a couple again. Like Spurs and WH.. but the confidence is not what it was. The team has lost its mojo. It’s belief - seems to have coincided with the sad demise of Klopp’s mother. Surely people can see the link now.?

The true reason for the success - and it was never data analytics- it was never Edwards and his genius transfer dealings. The value of the squad is all to do with the success - the success is almost entirely down to one man. Jurgen Klopp. His ability to make players like Robbo look twice as good as they actually are. Ditto Trent - Hendo - Milner - Bobby and others. When Klopp isn’t on it - nor are his team.

Insert name for the next calamity. To the sound of Que Sera, Sera

Will it be Oxlade - Shaqiri or Trent - we’ll have to wait and see.
    Your last paragraph is bang on.
    Thats where the talk of FSG doing a good job is on thin ice.
    I'm genuinley starting to think it might be time for them to move on. When Klopp eventually calls it a day ( which might be sooner than we think?) Thats when FSGs whole operation will be tested. We'll see then if it is what some think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Your last paragraph is bang on.
    Thats where the talk of FSG doing a good job is on thin ice.
    I'm genuinley starting to think it might be time for them to move on. When Klopp eventually calls it a day ( which might be sooner than we think?) Thats when FSGs whole operation will be tested. We'll see then if it is what some think it is.
    That's the scary part, when klopp moves on. I have had conversations with fans and they think with Edwards and the recruitment that anyone could seamlessly step in.
    Some fans are truly underestimating the value of klopp. He has made mistakes, but our success is down to him, at least the majority of it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    That's the scary part, when klopp moves on. I have had conversations with fans and they think with Edwards and the recruitment that anyone could seamlessly step in.
    Some fans are truly underestimating the value of klopp. He has made mistakes, but our success is down to him, at least the majority of it is.
    Totally.
    Whilst we have all enjoyed our recent success it all has a very short term feel to it for me and thats because it o ly feels like it will remain whilst Klopp is there. I've never thought we were going to be the dominant force for long, I don't think any rational red does/did either.
    That could be different though. If we had owners who are willing to invest in the team to be on par or somewhere close to the others. I know fans say they wouldn't want a sugar daddy and I understand that but the fact is we don't have to worry about that tag. We are and were one of the most valuable sporting institutions in the world. The club has earned that rep, it hasn't been purchased like City,Chelsea or PSG.