Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Alisson

New training gear for Kirkby..

Rest in Peace, Papa Becker.

Geez, 2021 is turning out to be a real stinker of a year for anyone associated with Liverpool Football Club.

Fans,...
    Players......
    The Gaffer....

.....and in the same month that the boss couldn't even get to say goodbye to his mom.
    I don't see the Government letting him travel back to Brazil for the funeral unless it will be with a long quarantine when he returns.

Condolences to the Big Bear and his family.
    Yet another shit stick to add to the pile that is this shitshow of a season and year.

Fuck to all this.
    Last edited by Crimson Dynasty; 25th February 2021 at 07:10 AM.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

According to local police’s reports, Liverpool star Alisson Becker’s dad’s cause of death was drowning in a lake near his holiday home in southern Brazil.

57-year-old Jose Becker had been swimming at a dam on his property when the tragedy happened on Wednesday afternoon, Doroteo Machado Filho, a police inspector in the town of Lavras do Sul, announced.

Also officials believe no foul play was suspected in the incident and it was accidental.

———————-

That’s horrific. The big man is going to be absolutely broken by this.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Terrible only 57. what a last 12 months its been
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

At least he got to see his son become English, European, Club World and Copa America champion in the last two years of his life.

But yes, 57 is a stupidly young age at which to go - two years younger than my own mother was when she went - and hers just as sudden and unexpected and out of the blue as this (aneurysm and stroke).
    You never really ever get over it.

I'll never forget how at the end of the Champions' League Final after we won in Madrid, after all the on-field celebrations were done and people were clearing out, a camera captured him (Alisson) lying on the field facetiming on his phone, video chatting and speaking in Portuguese what some would later translate was his father at the other end that he was celebrating with, saying in that loud booming voice,....'CAMPIONE!!!! Eh!!!'

It really just sucks so much

Can't this stupid Season end already (I realize it's too early to be clamouring for the end of the calendar year).

YNWA Alli.
    'I got told there's an English phrase, 'You don't win trophies with kids'. I didn't know that' ... - Jurgen Klopp
    Stone-Cold Savage!

Awful news. I hope he will be given time off to go to Brazil and be with his family, I suspect not though due to covid etc and what happened recently with Klopps mum. Hopefully the club and his family here are there to support him.
    LFC suffering some really awful events and pure bad luck upto now this year.

I think he should be allowed to go home and if that means he misses 4-6 weeks of games then so be it.

RIP Papa Becker.

Puts football into perspective, safe travels Ali. See you in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGS View Post
    I think he should be allowed to go home and if that means he misses 4-6 weeks of games then so be it.

RIP Papa Becker.
    Couldn’t agree more. The man needs to be with his family.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Ar dheis de go raibh a anam