Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Thread: Alisson

Think we're going to have to be absolutely bang on it with our press and defending, Allisson out for 4-8 weeks is a MASSIVE blow, HUGE, decent back up does not and will not compensate for the absence of a keeper of Allisson's quality. We defend and have got used to defending making good angles for the keeper, blocking a big area of the goal comfortable in the knowledge Allisson will save anything in that area, most keepers can't be relied on like that.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenx View Post
    Think we're going to have to be absolutely bang on it with our press and defending, Allisson out for 4-8 weeks is a MASSIVE blow, HUGE, decent back up does not and will not compensate for the absence of a keeper of Allisson's quality. We defend and have got used to defending making good angles for the keeper, blocking a big area of the goal comfortable in the knowledge Allisson will save anything in that area, most keepers can't be relied on like that.
    I thought pretty much the same thing when Norwich scored..that Alisson would have saved a shot from that angle.Adrian is not a total disaster though, an upgrade on Mig i would say, just not same class as Ali.

Alisson is the best keeper in the world. He'll be missed hopefully not sorely missed.

apparently out only for a few weeks?

We've signed Andy Lonergan on a one year deal...

An early chance for Adrian to get a run of games. I'm sure he wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Hopefully be back for the Newcastle game in Anfield on the 14th September.
    Then he only misses the games this month against Chelsea, Southampton, Arsenal and Burnley.

Not so bad.....
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Kev0909 View Post
    Fingers crossed.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Just cut loose and win games 5-3 while he's out.

He's a great keeper and he's gone someway to curing me of my fear and distrust of beards (what are you hiding behind it, eh? EH?!) but we can revert to attack being the best form of defense while he's missing.
    IPTV Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
    Just cut loose and win games 5-3 while he's out.

He's a great keeper and he's gone someway to curing me of my fear and distrust of beards (what are you hiding behind it, eh? EH?!) but we can revert to attack being the best form of defense while he's missing.
    Mate, you wouldn't cope with my beard.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay