Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drawing a Foul

Drawing a Foul

Drawing a Foul.
    How much time do you think teams spend practicing cheating, diving?
    The term has become commonplace.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

When it’s South American/Portuguese and Spanish sides..think it’s a right of passage and needs to be on your cv before you get a contract.

With England? Don’t think they’re doing it right. The way Kane falls, buckling his legs and then a forward tumble. That’s not a natural way to fall after being fouled. Sterling? Throwing his hand in the air like he just doesn’t care, again, when the fuck does that ever happen when your “clipped”

Load of bollocks if you ask me. Even when Salah does it, I don’t like it

The officials are as much to blame as the players, if they don't act, then the players will carry on doing it. Having said that, I thought he got all the calls spot on last night.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    The officials are as much to blame as the players, if they don't act, then the players will carry on doing it. Having said that, I thought he got all the calls spot on last night.
    Interesting…

I hate it. I was thinking just the other day about when all this squealing ( heightened during BCD ganes) and facial expression when being fouled started. It really is cringe worthy.

It's embarrassing. Vertonghen against Italy was fuming with one of their players blatantly conning the ref. Players should have a bit more self respect.

Hate it or love it, Sterling (and others) is still doing it week in week out, part of the modern game now.

I only blame at the officers who have VAR but refuse to deny their mistake / refuse to change his mind. Still do not know what is the reason behind ?

The only way to stop is to give those diver a red and 5 games ban.

Its a polite way of saying he is cheating lets be honest.

All players do it as the biggest punishment you can get is a yellow card in a big game players will think its worth the risk.

It is getting harder and harder each year now to say what is or isnt a foul.

Thats because what one referee sees as a foul or a dive, another one will see it differently . That will never change and the arguments will continue.

I feel for the refs in a way.because once you starting dishing out cards for diving. One side will say hes favouring the opposition and vice versa. The ref last night already turned down one dive from Harry Kane in the box.
    How many times could he keep on saying NO?? Before again hes accused of being bias
    Last edited by justme; 8th July 2021 at 11:10 AM.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

"Drawing a foul" is not football. I want players who back themselves to beat a man and get a shot off but their focus is on 'winning' a free kick because they know deep down that they aren't good enough, so they cheat.

I've heard players say after matches that there was contact and if there's contact then it's not a dive. FFS.

Say what you like about 'toxic masculinity' but at least it made players ashamed to fall over like fannies.