Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434647484950515253

Thread: Who Hates Klopp?

Quote Originally Posted by jr81 View Post
    Its worrying as he has never spoke like that before. It was always as a club we make decisions.
    First signs of tension with the bosses?

First direct sign to the media perhaps...

As mentioned he made clear references - for those with insight - after the CL win...

The manager CANNOT allow any feelings of desire for other player get to the squad - not if he wants 100% commitment.

But read this from the man himself in summer 2019..

“This year is not the end of Liverpool FC,” Klopp was quoted in The Telegraph . “Next year there will be another transfer window. This team is really good and we have invested a lot in it. Now we have to work with that.

“I can’t say anything about what other teams are doing. I don’t know how they do it. We have to pay bills. Sorry. Everybody has to pay bills; we have to pay bills.

“We invested money in this team. Now it looks like we are not. But we are not in this fantasia land where you just get whatever you want. You cannot do it constantly.

This is a man clearly defending his bosses. He is a reasonable man too. The money these players cost IS ridiculous BUT that IS what it takes if you want to stay there. As we have seen with the only 2 world class players we have bought - at the time of purchase under Klopp ....VVD & Alisson...have shown ( that got us there )!

To not add anyone - NADA zip - ZILCHO - was madness and it had started to show by January 2020..
    Last edited by Steveo; 22nd January 2021 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    First direct sign to the media perhaps...

As mentioned he made clear references - for those with insight - after the CL win...

The manager CANNOT allow any feelings of desire for other player get to the squad - not if he wants 100% commitment.

But read this from the man himself in summer 2019..

“This year is not the end of Liverpool FC,” Klopp was quoted in The Telegraph . “Next year there will be another transfer window. This team is really good and we have invested a lot in it. Now we have to work with that.

“I can’t say anything about what other teams are doing. I don’t know how they do it. We have to pay bills. Sorry. Everybody has to pay bills; we have to pay bills.

“We invested money in this team. Now it looks like we are not. But we are not in this fantasia land where you just get whatever you want. You cannot do it constantly.

This is a man clearly defending his bosses. He is a reasonable man too. The money these players cost IS ridiculous BUT that IS what it takes if you want to stay there. As we have seen with the only 2 world class players we have bought - at the time of purchase under Klopp ....VVD & Alisson...have shown ( that got us there )!

To not add anyone - NADA zip - ZILCHO - was madness and it had started to show by January 2020..
    We added Jota and Thiago, and injury plagued them, but even before VVD got injured, we were asking for a world class CB to accompany him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    We added Jota and Thiago, and injury plagued them, but even before VVD got injured, we were asking for a world class CB to accompany him.
    And also add to that the fact we let Lovren leave without replacing him. Lots of things have not gone our way, injuries,VAR a few times and players out of form but there's also plenty that we haven't helped ourselves with too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDOC1979 View Post
    These were added last summer dude - I am talking about 2019. An entire missed summer window. Trying to highlight WHY the team dropped a few levels a year ago - long before Virgils injury and is now floundering.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    These were added last summer dude - I am talking about 2019. An entire missed summer window. Trying to highlight WHY the team dropped a few levels a year ago - long before Virgils injury and is now floundering.
    Were we in need of anyone then? Any player we thought about at the time would never get into the first 11!

Jurgen is absolutely brilliant, an absolute class man first and foremost and an incredible football manager.

I think he has made mistakes this season, I think he has reacted badly to the VAR bollocks that we've been subjected to and rightly so in some respects, but for me, that's for the likes of me and other fans to do, I think he has let it get to him and consequently the players, when he should be using it to inspire them to react like they did after the Ramos final and after being pipped to the title by UAE FC only because of 3 or 4 dubious wrong pieces of officiating that went their way, none moreso than Anthony Taylor failing to send Kompany off, for an off the ground 2 footed lunge on Salah in the game that ultimately decided it, and using it to inspire them to higher levels again.

On the playing side the incredible performances and trophies he has brought us were born out of him using predominantly the same 11-14 players in almost every game and playing the same formation and doing that counts for an awful lot, you build greater familiarity of positioning and movement and far stronger relationships and instincts of how to get over the line and win games in all kinds of different situations, lots of what you do is quicker and more finely tuned than other teams because it becomes automatic through doing that far moreso than managers who have massive expensively assembled squads and regularly rotate

I appreciate we've had injury issues, but I honestly don't understand not keeping as much of what was incredibly strong and worked brilliantly and our strongest relationships through playing a certain way in place as much as humanly possible in as many games as possible.

Ifeel he either let too many other voices, maybe Linders get in his head and panicked a little bit and the chopping and changing after things didn't quite go as we wanted really hasn't helped, it hasn't helped at all, it's led to a break down in the familiarity, relationships and automatic reactions and knowing where other players would be and what they needed and how best to support them without thinking and has caused a pretty drastic loss of form in our forwards and our full backs in particular and they're our five who have been the source of the vast majority of our goals and assists the past 3 years, so that's why we're not scoring goals and we're more laboured, have to think about what we're doing instead of it being natural and automatic

Again, Jurgen is absolutely brilliant and has great humility and will turn this situation around, hopefull by playing as many of the 11 from our purple patch last season as possible in as many games as possible with Thiago in the midfield mix for extra creativity and to help his want to try and play through teams develop naturally over time and combining with our brilliance when being direct and have them lining up with Mane and Mo getting back to how they were playing, their movement and positioning in the last 2 seasons that both our full backs relied on the consistency of to be at the levels they reached, as we've messed about with that this season and it's played our 5 most potent attacking players out of form, some things should have been left well alone
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Just brilliant to see the great man smiling again, this season has sob far has been incredibly testing for numerous reasons and unlike any other in my 49 years and unlike any other he's probably experienced in his lifetime for the same reasons
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Only one signing this summer.
    Aus! Aus! Aus!

Come you masters of war
    You that build the big guns
    You that build the death planes
    You that build all the bombs
    You that hide behind walls
    You that hide behind desks
    I just want you to know
    I can see through your masks