Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 374041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Who Hates Klopp?

Not impressed with the spat v Chelsea signings.
    Reminiscent of Benitez.
    It might be valid but why bother saying it.
    Just like the Rafa rant.
    I cannot see any good coming out of it.
    ps I don't hate Klopp

Quote Originally Posted by scientificred View Post
    Not impressed with the spat v Chelsea signings.
    Reminiscent of Benitez.
    It might be valid but why bother saying it.
    Just like the Rafa rant.
    I cannot see any good coming out of it.
    ps I don't hate Klopp
    I don't know what he said, but i think Lampard had a go at our transfer policy. That's a bit rich, considering the team he manages.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Quote Originally Posted by skyebo View Post
    I don't know what he said, but i think Lampard had a go at our transfer policy. That's a bit rich, considering the team he manages.
    I think it was the other way round Skyebo then Lampard replied

I think it was the other way round Skyebo then Lampard replied
    Oh right, i wasn't sure who had a snipe first. I remember the famous Rafa rant. If i have it right, we matched United point for point after his outburst, but as we were already a few points behind them, it made no difference in the end.
    Last edited by skyebo; 16th September 2020 at 06:45 PM.
    If you're not sure what to do with the ball, just put it in the net, and we'll talk about the other options later... Bob Paisley.

Oh right, i wasn't sure who had a snipe first. I remember the famous Rafa rant. If i have it right, we matched United point for point after his outburst, but as we were already a few points behind them, it made no difference in the end.
    If I have it right we were many points ahead at the time - it was round about Christmas (albeit maybe ManU had some games in hand?) but then we proceeded to draw very many games on the trot and ultimately they overtook us. It appeared to make a momentous difference.

Andre pissing Arshavin was one big factor - the little swine

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Indeed a factor - probably 4 shots and 4 goals
    But following Rafa rant we got 10 points from 7 games. Big damage done there.

I still can't believe we didn't win that game. I've watched a few videos from that era recently and I have to say, especially in Europe you just had the feeling we could come up with the win no matter the odds. That Chelsea 4-4 at the bridge is just absurd. The commentator is like "Liverpool are rolling back the stone" when Kuyt makes it 4-3 I think. You could just never write us off.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Indeed a factor - probably 4 shots and 4 goals
    But following Rafa rant we got 10 points from 7 games. Big damage done there.
    It didn’t help no.. But beyond that Rafa was just too cautious. Had he got Keane into the side - who knows how many of those daft draws would have been wins. We were capable of battering United that year - sadly we were a safety first side. More suited to Europe than the Premier League.
    Last edited by Steveo; 16th September 2020 at 09:19 PM.

It didn’t help no.. But beyond that Rafa was just too cautious. Had he got Keane into the side - who knows how many of those daft draws would have been wins. We were capable of battering United that year - sadly we were a safety first side. More suited to Europe than the Premier League.
    Looking at the squad in 09 compared to the title winning one of last season there's no comparison. Rafa did a fantastic job of pushing a great Utd team with what he had.