Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Thread: Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Sid = a very easy date..

We shouldn’t need relentless Runs to the champions league final just to get to 60,000 seats. It’s way WAY below our biggest rival United and IF we are serious about competing long term and serious about giving die hard fans access to the club thy love it needs to happen. No excuses
    The amount of tickets available over here for Utd games is unbelievable. Especially through travel companies they buy 40_ 50 tickets a game or they have season tickets. They can hardly give them away now they're playing shite.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    The amount of tickets available over here for Utd games is unbelievable. Especially through travel companies they buy 40_ 50 tickets a game or they have season tickets. They can hardly give them away now they're playing shite.
    So are you suggesting we speculate and bank on playing shite?

Hope I read your meaning wrong but if not that is precisely the reason why it has taken so long to get where we are under Klopp. A lack of ambition.

Let’s think about this Ian - do you think United wish Old Toilet was smaller? If so - why are they looking at further expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    So are you suggesting we speculate and bank on playing shite?

Hope I read your meaning wrong but if not that is precisely the reason why it has taken so long to get where we are under Klopp. A lack of ambition.

Let’s think about this Ian - do you think United wish Old Toilet was smaller? If so - why are they looking at further expansion?
    All I'm saying is , the bigger the ground the more tickets go to travel and ticket agents. They may well get 20 now then the ground increases they then get 40.
    It would be interesting to know what percentage of the increased capacity of the main stand went to new season tickets, corporate, ticket and travel agents and the general public.
    As a few including your self have said tickets are hard to come by at the minute, I honestly don't think they will be much easier with a bigger capacity unless you go through agents which will be with inflated prices.

Pretty sure only 2,000 went to new Season Tickets Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    Pretty sure only 2,000 went to new Season Tickets Ian.
    Just has a look, the new main stand added 8,500 new seats, That's from the Official site.
    About 25% on season tickets . I'd say another 50% at least for corporate and agents with 2000 for the general public.
    And no doubt it's less than the 2000.

from the offy, today:

"FAQs; Ticketing; Season Ticket Waiting List; Search articles:
    Can I join the Waiting List?

The list is currently closed and unlikely to open for new applications in the foreseeable future due to the number of people already waiting for Season Tickets."
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Put it this way, we are somewhere between 4,500 and 5,000 on the list after 17 years of waiting. Absolutely no point in joining the list now, it’s a lot worse than it was back in the Houllier days when I put our names down.

Another thing I'd love to know is how much the club make from the buying of the membership card every season. My number is 11 million odd. How many of that number take it up every season at £26.99 plus some take up the auto cup scheme as well ?
    FSG OUT !!!

Money was taken by the club for me and my son in May and the Card for my son only arrived this week - slack feckers!

Quote Originally Posted by CCTV View Post
    The club is loaded sid

They posted a 100+mill profit in the last accounts which is the same amount as the stand cost. The stand was projected to raise revenue which would pay for itself in 6 seasons. Also FSG have a good system for funding infrastructural projects.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/04/liverpool-new-main-stand-anfield-corporate-seats
    Bear with me as I'm as far from an expert as it gets when it comes to these things, but isn't there a delay with accounts? So it won't show things like some of the extended/boosted/lucrative contracts we've given out to keep our "star" players, meaning we'll only know certain things in X months time and so on?

Also we may have a percentage of that cash that is already ear-marked for one or two targets Klopp has lined up for the future - this is from memory so apologies if one or two have had extensions, but I think Lallana, Milner, Matip and Clyne will all have ceased their contracts by the end of the 19/20 season and of those I suspect all will go (much as I would personally love Milner to finish his career here and would be "quite content" for Matip to stay for another year or two).

For all we know we have identified Van Dijk's long-term partner in the market for example and are waiting for the right time - not necessarily "likely" but just using it as an example - so those funds can't be spent right now and so on.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay