Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I think the official reason for them moving it back is a combination of the academy moving to Kirkby (they don't want two concurrent big projects, which is understandable I guess) and that they wanted to push the capacity up. The old expansion plans only took it to slightly under 60k iirc. If they're serious about reevaluating them I expect a 62.5k+ capacity or a redesign that allows for cheaper further development. Think I'd be ok with both in all honesty.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Didn't we used to sing 'The city is all ours' -

"fuck off to kirkby the city's all ours" ..

Hmm . Now the BS will have pride of place on the waterfront and we seem to be edging towards the sticks....woolly back territory..

As long as them fields at Melwood are given to the local community and not developers - it's all good.. Right.?

Ahh shiiish... only kidding like

https://www.theguardian.com/football...plans-capacity

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/spo...ld-road-stand/

This could be the best signing we make in a while..

Love the way it looks and 61,000 - that’s another 7,000 tickets available on match days and that famous Anfield atmosphere will get even better..

The Anfield Road stand has let the side down for decades... I know it has a cult following but it’s tiny and cramped.. This will really make a huge difference both aesthetically and more importantly to those desperate for tickets

We still need room for more but this is more like what I was expecting from an Anfield redevelopment..

Next up once this is done - submit plans for a Cantilevered Kop out over Walton Breck..! - Ok that last bit is my dream - but would be so cool...

Love it...
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th November 2019 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...plans-capacity

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/spo...ld-road-stand/

This could be the best signing we make in a while..

Love the way it looks and 61,000 - that’s another 7,000 tickets available on match days and that famous Anfield atmosphere will get even better..

The Anfield Road stand has let the side down for decades... I know it has a cult following but it’s tiny and cramped.. This will really make a huge difference both aesthetically and more importantly to those desperate for tickets

We still need room for more but this is more like what I was expecting from an Anfield redevelopment..

Next up once this is done - submit plans for a Cantilevered Kop out over Walton Breck..! - Ok that last bit is my dream - but would be so cool...

Love it...
    So the owners are great?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    So the owners are great?
    No, Anfield should have been at 100k by now and Klopp's been starved of funds! Try to keep up Aldo!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    So the owners are great?
    Not yet Aldo - lets have it built first. Then we can re evaluate..

@Bali - 100K would be effing brilliant - put us in the Barcelona bracket.. In the voice of Kevin Keegan - And I would Love it - Love it if Anfield was bigger than Old Toilet..! Love it I would..

And they say - some men never grow up..
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th November 2019 at 12:22 PM.

Looks great. I can't see us ever getting close to 100k... maybe 70k at a push.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

Quote Originally Posted by southernboy View Post
    Looks great. I can't see us ever getting close to 100k... maybe 70k at a push.
    I know mate - 70k would be fantastic and about right in all honesty - 100k would be a dream... Imagine the noise.....

It'd be amazing for sure. I don't know how logistically feasible it is in that part of the city without huge redesign of the transportation network.

I'm sure we'd fill the 100k no problem for big games, but Oxford United in the League Cup might be an issue.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I know mate - 70k would be fantastic and about right in all honesty - 100k would be a dream... Imagine the noise.....
    100,000 would be awful if you're up in the gods. They would be handing out binoculars and coats just to get through the 90 minutes.