Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

Absolutely spot on mate.

I watched an interview yesterday. the capacity will take the club up to 3rd in the list in England behind old toilet and Spurs new ground. and the design looks amazing.
    Am glad the owners didn't go along with building a new stadium.Like was planned by the cowboys previously..Anfield in LFC's home.
    Just like Highbury was Arsenals home. Buy they decided to move so did Tottenham.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

I don't understand why they have the big grey bits in the corners
    Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

They can always fill in the corners at a later date adding even more seats.. There is something quite nice and olde worlde about separate stands but It would be nice to have corners filled in maybe just between the new Main Stand - ARE & Centenary ( SKD ) - leaving the Kop separate for future expansion out over the main road behind.. Towering upwards another 150 feet... Has to remain single tier though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    They can always fill in the corners at a later date adding even more seats.. There is something quite nice and olde worlde about separate stands but It would be nice to have corners filled in maybe just between the new Main Stand - ARE & Centenary ( SKD ) - leaving the Kop separate for future expansion out over the main road behind.. Towering upwards another 150 feet... Has to remain single tier though.
    I don’t think there’s much room to expand backwards with the Kop. Being single tier is an extravagance of sorts. Its already quite far back at the top row there so I don’t see it going further up and outwards. Standing areas is one possibility if they ever become acceptable again.
    The corner bits could be used in various ways but the grey boxes look a bit unimaginative if that’s actually what they’re planning.

I think I remember reading once that the Kop can't really be expanded, but rather has to be completely destroyed and rebuilt because of the way it was designed. Which would apparently cost exorbitant amounts of money.

If it were rebuilt bigger and better, would people be okay with the change?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

No I think being single tier is important and adds atmosphere. Atmosphere is worth a lot and worth more than a theoretical number of seats that takes our capacity above whichever rival you’re most concerned with.
    Remember Juve rebuilt their stadium with 46,000 or close to it. Deliberately limiting the number of seats. There are good reasons for doing that.
    I think we need more numbers but probably less than everyone thinks. Ideally it needs to be filled every game. Never any empty seats.
    My own theory is that there is an unknown threshold whereby everyone starts handing back their season tickets. At the moment, no one hands them back in because there’s always someone who wants a ticket. So you get favours in return and you can go once or twice a season if you fancy.
    Start having to pay on nights when you’re not there and the seat is empty and it becomes less attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    No I think being single tier is important and adds atmosphere. Atmosphere is worth a lot and worth more than a theoretical number of seats that takes our capacity above whichever rival you’re most concerned with.
    Remember Juve rebuilt their stadium with 46,000 or close to it. Deliberately limiting the number of seats. There are good reasons for doing that.
    I think we need more numbers but probably less than everyone thinks. Ideally it needs to be filled every game. Never any empty seats.
    My own theory is that there is an unknown threshold whereby everyone starts handing back their season tickets. At the moment, no one hands them back in because there’s always someone who wants a ticket. So you get favours in return and you can go once or twice a season if you fancy.
    Start having to pay on nights when you’re not there and the seat is empty and it becomes less attractive.
    The club has a "ticket exchange" programme I believe, that allows season ticket holders to, in effect, sell their seats for individual games. If you look on the official site, there's some info on how it works. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Taksin View Post
    I don’t think there’s much room to expand backwards with the Kop. Being single tier is an extravagance of sorts. Its already quite far back at the top row there so I don’t see it going further up and outwards. Standing areas is one possibility if they ever become acceptable again.
    The corner bits could be used in various ways but the grey boxes look a bit unimaginative if that’s actually what they’re planning.
    Indeed - the Kop idea is just my own pipe dream. It’s not really feasible with Walton Breck right behind and almost touching where it meets what was the Kemlyn road. The Kop will likely stay as is - but we could fill in the grey corners actually all the corners in truth - once the new ARE is done that would probably take the capacity well up around 65/68k - which is very decent.

Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!