Page 1 of 14 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

This is great news. The club looking to remodel Anfield to its fullest possible expansion.

Reds CEO Peter Moore has confirmed that Anfield will be expanded in the near future with the original plan of increasing the capacity by 4000 seats now scrapped in favour of something more ambitious.

The original plans, which the planning application for expires in September, were for an extension of around 4000 seats, but there is now an acceptance from the club that much more will be needed to even scrape the surface of the demand for tickets.

The old plan was to get close to 60,000 seats, but Moore says now that mark will be exceeded. With the likes of West Ham United having bigger stadia that the Reds, that is certainly needed.

According to This Is Anfield, Moore said: “I can tell you definitively it won’t be the rather small-to-medium plans we had recently.”

He wouldn’t commit to a specific number of seats that will be added, simply saying: “We’re continuing to analyse what is the optimum number.”

There are a lot of different factors for the club to consider, including the time it would take to get their money back on the project and the impact an increase in capacity would have on local residents and the transport system of the Anfield area, but it seems something will be done.

That the club recognise there is a need for expansion amid huge demand for tickets and lots of frustration from supporters unable to access Anfield is at least a start.

Just a couple of days ago, club chairman Tom Werner was much more cautious as he explained the current situation, suggesting nothing had been sorted yet, but this sounds much more promising.

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/07/25/peter-moore-confirms-exciting-news-about-anfield-expansion/
    Last edited by justincredible; 25th July 2019 at 08:44 AM.
    Offender Of The Offended...!!

It`s Better To Reign In Hell, Than Serve In Heaven!

Yeah I'm not buying it. This guy used to be the CEO of EA - one of the scummiest entertainment companies out there - I wouldn't put it past him to just spout this in order to buy himself and FSG more time.

Let's hope it's true though - it'd be awesome.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

The club needs it - tens of thousands of fans are desperate for it... Make it happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Yeah I'm not buying it. This guy used to be the CEO of EA - one of the scummiest entertainment companies out there - I wouldn't put it past him to just spout this in order to buy himself and FSG more time.

Let's hope it's true though - it'd be awesome.
    I met him briefly a couple of years ago while I helped put the Kenny 9 Mosaic on the Kop before the Utd game . And believe it or not he came onto the Kop to help out for half an hour before he gave a speech at the naming g of the stand for Kenny.
    He seems a decent guy who adores Liverpool and a fan at heart.

Jurgen saying “we don’t have the same money as other clubs and just keep on spending.” Yet he’s spent a net £30m a season since being at the club while we are posting record profits.
    We are far from skint so the money must be going somewhere.

Believe it when I see it though, should have done this before now.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I met him briefly a couple of years ago while I helped put the Kenny 9 Mosaic on the Kop before the Utd game . And believe it or not he came onto the Kop to help out for half an hour before he gave a speech at the naming g of the stand for Kenny.
    I heard he was a decent guy, he's also taken us to another level marketing wise. I think he's made a few sponsorship deals that have been much more profitable than our previous ones. Don't ask me to prove it as I'll never be able to find the article but would be happy is someone else could prove me wrong or right!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    I heard he was a decent guy, he's also taken us to another level marketing wise. I think he's made a few sponsorship deals that have been much more profitable than our previous ones. Don't ask me to prove it as I'll never be able to find the article but would be happy is someone else could prove me wrong or right!
    There's hardly a month goes by without us getting another "partner " with Mg Motors being the latest.
    The club is worth a fortune and can easily match any other club for players.

Is this why Jurgen aint got no money.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1988 View Post
    Seriously? That's amazing! Well here's hoping he really is a decent dude and means what he says!
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

This is all a long way off. I’ll believe it when I see it.
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!