Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 47891011121314

Thread: Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    It's all systems go, And the pictures look stunning . Anfield just gets better and better .
    Yep and they've added more to what the club gives to the community and surrounding area AND themselves obviously by making the design purpose built to be able to hold concerts (took their time mind, I only suggested that prior to them buying the club ), good for local jobs and businesses as well as club revenue

Edit: I did also suggest that they work with the local council and put some club money into redeveloping and rejuvinating the surrounding area and transport links as part of the redevelopment process, so they're a little bit behind
    Last edited by Nineteenx; 15th June 2021 at 11:03 PM.
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

It will be great if/when the proposed new Anfield road stand is built.

It’s very close to my heart that stand. That road - which will be re routed. My late mother used to teach in the school almost in the shadow of the old stand - which was pretty new at the time but just a single tier.

To see it merge with the new Main stand and join the Centenery/SKD will be quite something.

Thinking one step ahead. IF the SKD could be a mirror of the New Main stand - then we have a fantastic incarnation of Anfield - fit for purpose and ready to look forward rather than back. The stadium would look balanced and modern while still retaining its classic features and the Kop….

That’s my dream anyway. Get that extra 10,000 in facing the main stand - linked by the new Annie road end… around 70,000 and we are set…

I've a feeling they will stick on 61,000 as that apparently is the threshold for capacity over which the club has to finance (all or part) of a transport system to/from another hub/city centre. Cant see FSG going for that when they want to pay for players over 3-4 instalments etc. Big construction rarely come in on budget and the companies want paying as soon as they start work and all the way through.

Prob a good thing fat Joe the greedy mayor and his cohorts are out of the picture as regards plannig, any red tape, contract awards and pricing etc though.

Yep this has been the big stumbling block for eons. Needs to be a rail station within a 5/10 minute walk. With the BS set to sod off to Bramley Moore though - things could change for better or worse on that issue.

Probably for the worse as any new train station would have serviced both grounds, whereas now it would just be for Anfield