Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Anfield Expansion: Peter Moore

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    100,000 would be awful if you're up in the gods. They would be handing out binoculars and coats just to get through the 90 minutes.
    Yea - dreadful idea - look at Real and Barca - I bet they wish they could reduce the size of their grounds - what a handicap - imagine what Madrid might of won then eh...

Wasn't there an odd stat that they failed to properly fill them up most match days?
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I bet they do - it is too big in all truth.. Barca are actually expanding again to over 105,000 - they don’t fill the Camp nou much at all... Seems crazy but they are going ahead

Interesting though isn’t it - would you want a ground that was always full because half the people wanting tickets couldn’t get in OR would you rather have a stadium that at times wasn’t full but that could accommodate many more fans for certain games and at times when demand was high.?

Dortmund seem to do it best - loads of seats at good prices.. EDIT this is old but still

https://www.stadiumguide.com/figures...t-attendances/

This is newer - post new main stand

https://www.90min.com/posts/4749118-...age-attendence
    Last edited by Steveo; 29th November 2019 at 03:30 PM.

The BVB is a hugely beloved club in Germany. Neutrals like them too. I have a lot of time for them and their fans.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Yea - dreadful idea - look at Real and Barca - I bet they wish they could reduce the size of their grounds - what a handicap - imagine what Madrid might of won then eh...
    I'm talking about being a supporter in the ground up in the gods. I very much doubt you would feel any great atmosphere watching the match 50 metres from the pitch.

I know Ian - but people do watch games from that elevation. It’s not a new phenomena... You stick a few corporate toff’s and the away fans up there... Still. Ether than some of the restricted view seats at the ground today..

You do also know that I was never suggesting or expecting a 100k Anfield don’t you? But something in the 70’s isn’t WILDY over ambitious.. Is it?? You know - like that other football club just down the east Lancs road that speculated to accumulate...?

3 sides of Anfield is perfect, only the Anfield rd feels small and out of place. Get it right and the whole stadium will be perfect. No doubt they will be looking to incorporate restaurants , bars and corporate boxes within the stand which will keep the money people happy.

Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I'm talking about being a supporter in the ground up in the gods. I very much doubt you would feel any great atmosphere watching the match 50 metres from the pitch.
    I concur having been in the away section at Newcastle
    I bet you can squeal like a pig!

The new ARE plans look bloomin marvelous. Can't wait... please make it happen...

As Klopp's Scouse uncle says though congestion around the ground is already a joke - getting home after a game is ridiculous and I can only imagine how I would feel if I lived anywhere close. The City council need to pull their finger out now - Build a sodding station FFS - 2 huge clubs right there and no public transport infrastructure worth talking about.. No wonder the city has lost so much - get off your arses and invest in your own city..The waterfront is not the only place that matters...!!