Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Ashes, England (etc.) versus Australia

Think Australia will put England in to bat for the last 10 overs of today and hope to get a couple of wickets, pitch hasn't been doing much, but Ali's been a massive MASSIVE disappointment as he always seems to be, and Lyon will likely be much better

Try and stay in and bat the day out especially with weather interruptions expected, a draw's the best England can hope for now, NOT going to score 400 full stop, never mind in a day's cricket
    "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd close the curtains”

Come on Aussies, declare, we all know you're going to put England in for at least 8 overs tonight

Wonder if roy will make it past 5 mins this time

surprised they ain't declared

What a shit day.
    1 Marquez wins the MotoGP in Czech Republic
    2 Man City win Community Shield on penalties
    3 England Cricket team
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Fifth day.
    England 85 for 4, at lunch.
    What a shambles.

all I've got to say is

Loooooool

Woakes showing the rest how to bat...

Disaster for England, hopefully Archer's fit to come in for Jimmy. Really need to find a spinner who can relied on, Ali has shown time and time again he blows hot and cold far too often and more cold than hot and he should be thoroughly embarrassed at the vast disparity between Lyon's figures and his own with the pitch in similar conditions.

Everyone's lauding Australia today, but in truth it was made easy for them, England were their top strike bowler down which contributed to Australia's huge second innings total together and mostly with Ali's complete ineptitude. Credit to Australia, but, when you have a target that's practically unasailable and are able to play with so many fielders around the bat for every delivery it's going to be a hell of a lot easier to get wickets, could Lyon deliver what he did today with a total that was easily in reach? Absolutely not, completely different game, the openers can go after him, scoring heavily and quickly and he can't have 6 fielders around the bat, same goes for Australia's seamers today, they can't just constantly bang in short balls without 6 fielders around the bat and now Broad's pace has dropped 5 or 6 and with Archer unavailable England didn't have an option to bang in those short balls with fielders around the bat looking for anything nicked with the variable bounce. Having Lyon's rotating with a seamer also kept the ball fresher and doing something for longer

I must say, I know nothing about cricket, but this thread is entertaining as hell.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    I must say, I know nothing about cricket, but this thread is entertaining as hell.
    couldn't find the "sarcasm" emoji, then?