Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    I think hes very like Suarez. Lacking the finishing but most other aspects are similar. Probably more creative and less selfish.
    Yep - the finishing is noticeably weaker but the work rate arguably higher and he does so much other work for the team.

Imagine playing a team and being told before kick off it had 3 Bobby Firmino's in it.. ? Talk about beaten before you started. The guy is like a machine..

Think Suarez had an insane workrate for us as well, just got fat lazy and old after his move to Barca. Especially in recent years.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

I think his work rate is becuaes he started out as a midfielder.

Yes, I seem to remember him playing as an AM in a 4-2-3-1 at Hoffe. That's one of the most demanding positions on the pitch if that formation, which was so fashionable some years ago.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Does Bobby get enough credit for all that he does for the team as well our gelling our attack? For me, no.

See what you did there Noods, decent effort.

Bobby rarely gets the credit his incredible talent is due. As a CF too many people get hung up on goals scored as a pure measurement of ability but Bobby’s abilities transcend just goal scoring. He is an incredibly talented footballer and we are incredibly privileged to have him.
    There just aren’t enough superlatives.

I agree and I think Salah and Mane benefit massively by Bobby’s link up play. He’s probably one of the first names on the team sheet

Quote Originally Posted by RedNoodle View Post
    Does Bobby get enough credit for all that he does for the team as well our gelling our attack? For me, no.
    The world is starting to notice. He has taken the position to another level. I feel the way he plays the number 9 is as unique as how Makalele used to play the 6. It is not a false 9. It is a 8,9,10. So he does 3 things in attack for us depending on what his required. He knows when to come deep and when to stretch it. Then he is a terrier in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by miller0863 View Post
    See what you did there Noods, decent effort.

Bobby rarely gets the credit his incredible talent is due. As a CF too many people get hung up on goals scored as a pure measurement of ability but Bobby’s abilities transcend just goal scoring. He is an incredibly talented footballer and we are incredibly privileged to have him.
    There just aren’t enough superlatives.
    Agree. But he has now lifted his game as a goalscorer as well. I have noticed thay he is shooting more without actually looking selfish. We have so many key man now but when he is on the park it is massive. Think AB, VVD, Fabinho and the front 3 and Robbo are arguably now the best in their positions in the league possibly world. IMO.

That flick up then sjot in the first half was beautiful, shame it was blocked.