Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Star Wars

The worst part about the pod racing scene is that it's actually awesome. Just about 300% too long.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    For me, it was the overuse / over-reliance on special effects that was the problem, rather than the actual quality of them. The scenes in Attack of the Clones with Obi-Wan on Kamino were all completely greenscreened, and the only other actor there was the guy playing Jango Fett - it all looked incredibly fake in a way that the practical effects in the original trilogy never did.

I'm with Bali on this one, Hayden Christensen isn't a brilliant actor, but you could have had anybody in that role trying to work with that script and they still would have looked utter shit. Ewan MacGregor is probably the only actor that came out of those movies with their reputation intact. It's taken about 15 years for Natalie portman to get her career back on track!
    Only George Lucas could make Sam Jackson uncool.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    For me, it was the overuse / over-reliance on special effects that was the problem, rather than the actual quality of them. The scenes in Attack of the Clones with Obi-Wan on Kamino were all completely greenscreened, and the only other actor there was the guy playing Jango Fett - it all looked incredibly fake in a way that the practical effects in the original trilogy never did.

I'm with Bali on this one, Hayden Christensen isn't a brilliant actor, but you could have had anybody in that role trying to work with that script and they still would have looked utter shit. Ewan MacGregor is probably the only actor that came out of those movies with their reputation intact. It's taken about 15 years for Natalie portman to get her career back on track!
    I'm probably on my own on this but I don't even like MacGregor in them, he tries too hard to be a young Alec Guinness instead of a young Obi Wan.

Anyway getting back to The Mandalorian, I had no idea that it's going to be an 8 part TV (Disney streaming) slot. Much more scope in that. From the trailer it looked like a big budget movie.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

I had planned on watching the complete set of films (plus the short Clone Wars cartoon that leads upto ROTS) in chronological order.

Started with TPM. Not sure I can muster the enthusiasm to watch ATOC!

The Phantom Menace had some interesting concepts - I really liked the way The Emperor was playing both sides. Anakin and his mother as a slave. The introduction of the Sith.

But there were far too many things in the movie that thad me just shaking my head.

- R2 being the droid that saves the day and then is kighted for his effort. I like that in the SW universe that the droids have a personality, but tha twas just ridiculous.

- 3PO being built by Vader

- The whole concept of the 'Chosen One'. Boring and cliched. The whole reaction by the Jedi whn Qui-Gon brings Anakin infront of them. So rather than being trained as Jedi, they'd rather he develop his skills on his own or even worse be corrupted by the Dark Side? Pretty dumb.

Well, I did watch Atatck Of The Clones again. I dont know why I did.

Just dreadful from start to finish. Dialogue, Acting, Pacing, SFX. Just bad.

There are some scenes that look fan-made. Just watch the final battle on Geonosis, some of those rent-a-Jedis are quite clearly extras grabbed to fill out the scene.

Asian Lady at 0:30 seconds looks like she's directing traffic!
    1:15 looks like Mortal Kombat game fx!
    2:28 This guy is my accountant.

Just terrible.

Revenge Of The Sith this weekend. This is only marginally better tbh.

RotS was decent I thought. Jar Jar doesn't even speak iirc.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non