Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How bad are Everton?

Wonder when we were mathematically safe from the prospect of relegation - must be 9 months or something?

A good flirtation with relegation next year for them

They won't get relegated. There will always be 3 or 4 clubs who will be worse than them. Next season you can already see West Brom and Villa struggling. Maybe Brighton too.
    "...and my inch is like a freight train, so I only use it in self defence"

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    They won't get relegated. There will always be 3 or 4 clubs who will be worse than them. Next season you can already see West Brom and Villa struggling. Maybe Brighton too.
    Given that it will only take 3 teams to be worse than them, I agree. But they do need to get themselves together in the next 3-5 seasons or a fliration as fiordearg puts it looks on the cards.
    Your hobbies are rollerblading and you're also a bit of a rat-hound? Steel Wool
    Sid knows he's crazy and he likes it. Balinkay

I hope they don't get themselves together. Keep them worrying about the drop. TBH it would be great if they went down with Ancelelotti at the helm. He's been the highest calibre manager they've ever had!

I wouldn't want them to go down.
    I would be happy if they were second behind us in the league every year to be honest.
    Just have a lot of mates who are blue. And i just like the city of Liverpool to be seen as successful.
    As a footnote i probably wouldn't want utd to go down either, because despite the anxiety on match day i like the rivalry, and the pleasure of beating them.
    Chelsea or City on the other hand......

I heard some place it was their worst finishing position in 14 years? And all the money they have coughed up in the last 3/4 seasons.
    Definitely a massive failure.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century

Amazing that 35 points was enough to stay up this season

Quote Originally Posted by faridtoxteth View Post
    I wouldn't want them to go down.
    I would be happy if they were second behind us in the league every year to be honest.
    Just have a lot of mates who are blue. And i just like the city of Liverpool to be seen as successful.
    As a footnote i probably wouldn't want utd to go down either, because despite the anxiety on match day i like the rivalry, and the pleasure of beating them.
    Chelsea or City on the other hand......
    I guess it's because you are from Liverpool.
    As an "outsider" - I don't particularly like Everton or the behaviour of their fans. I've been to a fair few Derby games and for people who are from the City, they can be horrible bastards. Not directed at your mates but Goodison on Derby day seems to be getting worse and worse.

Utd could free fall into oblivion for all I care.
    Last edited by vin; 27th July 2020 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vin View Post
    I guess it's because you are from Liverpool.
    As an "outsider" - I don't particularly like Everton or the behaviour of their fans. I've been too a fair few Derby games and for people who are from the City, they can be horrible bastards. No directed at your mates but Goodison on Derby day seems to be getting worse and worse.

Utd could free fall into oblivion for all I care.
    The derby games used to be alright, as everyone famously knows, the friendly derby and all that. I think under the short stewardship of Mark Hughes the atmosphere on the pitch (dogs of war and stuff) started to turn and that infected the crowd. Under Moyes it became really toxic, ushered in a whole series of red card games, the most in any prem fixture i believe. I think that was when i first heard of them being called the bitters. (although it might have been the 80s europa ban).
    I think nowadays it seems quite bad, but not as bad tempered, if you see what i mean. i think the Everton fans are a bit in shock at how we have humiliated them for the last ten years. huge inferiority complex, which they seem unable to shake off.