Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: What you watched last good or bad.

Been watching "Spiral", a French TV Police, Legal Profession, and (to a certain degree) Political drama series.
    It's being shown on BBC iPlayer - with sub-titles.
    Excellent series. Bits of it can be compared to The Sweeney.
    There are eight series of the programme, on average ten episodes per series. Each episode around forty to fifty minutes.
    Riveting stuff, really enjoyable.
    Let me know if anyone else is interested or is already watching it.
    We're just coming to the end of Series Five.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiral_(TV_series)
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Just watched Wonder Woman (2017).
    Found it pretty fantastic.
    Soon becomes a pretty good WWI film with a little bit of Greek mythology thrown in.

Wandavision. Thought it was fantastic, I think it is an allegory for the past year

Am I the only one that thinks Better Call Saul is shit? I stuck through it for 3 seasons waiting for it to get interesting but gave up. The thing is, it is universally acclaimed as some kind of masterpiece but I found it so so boring

Quote Originally Posted by reddownunder View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Better Call Saul is shit? I stuck through it for 3 seasons waiting for it to get interesting but gave up. The thing is, it is universally acclaimed as some kind of masterpiece but I found it so so boring
    I never bothered with it. I found him irritating in BB so had no interest in his own series. I know plenty of people say its really good but the end of BB was the end for me. It didn't need anything adding.
    Also never bothered with the El Camino movie, it just seemed completely pointless.
    I'm so glad they killed off Walter because if they hadn't it would no doubt have been brought back resulting in tarnishing what I think is the best TV show of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    I never bothered with it. I found him irritating in BB so had no interest in his own series. I know plenty of people say its really good but the end of BB was the end for me. It didn't need anything adding.
    Also never bothered with the El Camino movie, it just seemed completely pointless.
    I'm so glad they killed off Walter because if they hadn't it would no doubt have been brought back resulting in tarnishing what I think is the best TV show of all time.
    Yep BB is my favourite of all time too usurping the sopranos as my previous favourite. You can sense a great series when it grabs you and you're immediately hooked. Luckily for me I didn't get around to watching BB until it had finished so I was able to binge watch

There was a film/ documentary made back in 2018 about the wrestler Andre the giant. Sky Documentaries are also showing it. I found it brilliant with both funny parts ( his mad drinking stories ) and very sad moments regarding his size and what he put his body through.

Seaspiracy.

Sobering stuff. We humans just won't stop.

Been watching Spooks on BBC iPlayer.
    Granted it's a bit dated, but rips into many aspects of the (British) establishment.

Been re-watching ER of late.. Great series.
    Cleaning up the Scots since the 13th century