Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: What you watched last good or bad.

Finished Ozark, brilliant as usual.

Watched the first episode of The Outsider, based on a Stephen King book with Ben Mendelsohn, think it's going to be really good.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Watched the Stranger. Overall pretty decent, however some pe ilusr side stories and below par acting from some characters.

Thinking about starting Ozark next.

Looking forward to season 2 of After Life on 24th.

Almost finished The Outsider, very good, just hope they don't mess up the ending.

Started Money Heist but i'm struggling to get into it.
    "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass.........and I'm all out of bubblegum."

The last dance. Documentary about Michael Jordan and the Chicago bulls from their efforts to get to the top to the 97 98 season. Class.

Quote Originally Posted by eggy81 View Post
    The last dance. Documentary about Michael Jordan and the Chicago bulls from their efforts to get to the top to the 97 98 season. Class.
    Is that on netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Is that on netflix?
    Yes and it's brilliant. I remember the season well, as was heavily into basketball at the time (was the last year of my A Levels and used to stay up until 4 in the morning watching the matches).

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

We took out a 2 month subscription to Now movies and it appeared this week.
    Superb film, good cast, and it supplies an alternative outcome to a horrific event that occurred in the late 60s (1969 I believe).
    Excellent Tarantino film.
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Finished the last dance. Really good but I dont like Jordan as much as I did. He has arrogance that would put Ronaldo to shame. No doubt about how great he is but he really did expect everyone to blow smoke up his arse and like doing it.
    Completely disagree that air jordans started sneaker culture too. Thats the yanks failing again by not looking outside their own backyard. Europe already had a massive sneaker culture with Adidas,Puma,Fila,Ellesse etc.

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Finished the last dance. Really good but I dont like Jordan as much as I did. He has arrogance that would put Ronaldo to shame. No doubt about how great he is but he really did expect everyone to blow smoke up his arse and like doing it.
    Completely disagree that air jordans started sneaker culture too. Thats the yanks failing again by not looking outside their own backyard. Europe already had a massive sneaker culture with Adidas,Puma,Fila,Ellesse etc.
    I also though it was really good. If I'm honest I really liked him especially as a player pushing his team mates to his level . Nothing wrong with that, it shows a winning mentality. What I was really surprised at was the smoking cigars and drinking beer especially for sport like basketball, with it being so fast.
    Big Scottie Pippen seems a top fella and Rodman was as mad as I exspected.
    Definitely highly recommended for all sports fans .

Quote Originally Posted by ianlfc View Post
    I also though it was really good. If I'm honest I really liked him especially as a player pushing his team mates to his level . Nothing wrong with that, it shows a winning mentality. What I was really surprised at was the smoking cigars and drinking beer especially for sport like basketball, with it being so fast.
    Big Scottie Pippen seems a top fella and Rodman was as mad as I exspected.
    Definitely highly recommended for all sports fans .
    Completely agree. I watched it with my wife who seemed uneasy with his bullying of teammates.

However, now that it's all over, those teammates were pushed to be good enough to be part of the greatest ever team to play the sport - if you can't take the heat and all that. Also the gambling scandal was an absolute nonsense.