Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: What you watched last good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Anyone in to the expanse?, just half way through season 2. Its amazing in my opinion.
    The Expanse is the best sci-fi on television since Battlestar Galactica (which you could argue was more Space Opera than Sci-Fi I suppose) - I've just finished reading the latest book in the series, Tiamat's Wrath, and it is heading to some strange and dark places...

I've watched the first two episodes of Watchmen - so far I'm not massively sold on it and can't really see what the link to the original story is.

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    The Expanse is the best sci-fi on television since Battlestar Galactica (which you could argue was more Space Opera than Sci-Fi I suppose) - I've just finished reading the latest book in the series, Tiamat's Wrath, and it is heading to some strange and dark places...

I've watched the first two episodes of Watchmen - so far I'm not massively sold on it and can't really see what the link to the original story is.
    what channel, please?
    There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief

Quote Originally Posted by redebreck View Post
    what channel, please?
    Watchmen is on Sky Atlantic (or available from any of the 'usual sources'), The Expanse is due to start it's next series on Amazon Prime in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Clungeman View Post
    Watchmen is on Sky Atlantic (or available from any of the 'usual sources'), The Expanse is due to start it's next series on Amazon Prime in December.
    Ah, shame. Don't have any Sky or Amazon channels.

Quote Originally Posted by jozza800 View Post
    Joker was superb.

To me Joaquin Phoenix is certainly the most Joker looking of all the portrails on TV and Film. Nicholson and Legder, whilst very good in their respective films had too round a face. Phoenix has that gaunt, pointy feel that the Joker has always had. Funnily enough, I thought he felt less like the Joker when he actually transformed into him near the end of the film. The make up somehow softened his features.

Would love to see him in good Batman film.
    Brilliant film and a superb performance from Pheonix.
    The last hour was absolutley awesome, I loved how dark it was and finally a DC related movie that matches any of the Marvel stuff (which I feel has completely reached saturation point). I thought the nod to King of Comedy was fantastic, I wonder if thats what gave them the idea to put De Niro in there? Or maybe they thought about it after he'd been cast.

Mandalorian starts next week, looks like it'll be getting watched illegally in the UK as Disney plus channel isnt being broadcast until 2020 over here I read.
    Trailers for it look very promising, directed by Jon Favreau whos work is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    Just saw the Joker, thought it was pretty good. The supposed social commentary didn't hit too close to home, but it was still ok. Great performance by Joquin for sure. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ditto jozza, would love to see him and Bats. Maybe with Edward Cullen as Bruce Wayne.
    Think he will surprise a lot of people.

We've never really seen the detective side of Batman. We've never seen him be the World's greatest detective. The Adam West series was about the closest we've got to seeing that side of him.

Matt Reeves has made some great films. The POA films were superb. I'm sure he'll treat the material with the respect it deserves.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by teesred View Post
    Mandalorian starts next week, looks like it'll be getting watched illegally in the UK as Disney plus channel isnt being broadcast until 2020 over here I read.
    Trailers for it look very promising, directed by Jon Favreau whos work is good.
    Like the look of it.

I'm amazed this will be the first ever live action Star Wars tv series. Suppose it has to do with the cost of making it. They're specding eye watering sums of money on each of these episodes.
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side

They need to get the fans back on side for Episode 9 after the utter cinematic miscarriage that was Ep. 8 and, in part, Soylo.
    Etiam si omnes, ego non

Quote Originally Posted by Balinkay View Post
    They need to get the fans back on side for Episode 9 after the utter cinematic miscarriage that was Ep. 8 and, in part, Soylo.
    This will be the first Star Wars movie that I won't bother with at the cinema - the fatigue is that bad nowadays.